Home

Getting a pass rush

This is a discussion on Getting a pass rush within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2010, 02:23 PM   #1
Rookie

BCScreamingEagles's Arena

OVR: 5
Getting a pass rush

I play on Heisman and I am relatively good at this game. The only thing I have problems doing is taking the end and getting in and rushing the qb. This usually is a main part of my game as in past years i always dominated with my end. Any gameplay tips to get some heat would be greatly appreciated. Also please do not tell me to change sliders because my sliders are perfect just how they are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2010, 02:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Getting a pass rush

1. To get pressure with an end, use the right stick - a lot. If need be, go into practice mode or an exhibition game and just screw around until you get some moves down. Although frankly, any kind of stick-wiggling may help. You will not shed your blocker very quickly if you don't lean on that right stick. There are several moves and you'll find some are more effective than others. They seem to tie in to the player's power move, finesse move, speed and strength ratings to an extent.

2. Apart from that - another way to get pressure is to try manually blitzing a linebacker occasionally, especially if you have a quick one. I do this a lot against 3 and 4 WR sets and usually get a sack or two per game from it. I generally will do this from man coverage and blitz with whichever linebacker has the HB assignment. But that's not the only method that works and is relatively safe.

3. Also, if you just want to get pressure and don't care if it's you doing it specifically, try playing a linebacker or safety in zone coverage, and get closer to the openest receiver(s) you see. The CPU will tend to take more coverage sacks than straight-up pressure sacks, so try to take away his targets and your ends will do their job eventually. I get probably as many sacks from playing good coverage as any other method. Be aware though that occasionally you'll be running to cover an open guy and realize someone else is streaking downfield through where you should have been - it's a risk and a trade-off. Just try to use your peripheral vision to keep an eye on the whole field, if you can.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:56 PM   #3
Rookie

BCScreamingEagles's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Getting a pass rush

thanks ill try some of this

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »