Home

I think I realized why I can't lose

This is a discussion on I think I realized why I can't lose within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2010, 09:48 PM   #17
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: I think I realized why I can't lose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Don't mess with sliders...Those things will do nothing but drive you nuts and you'll never fully enjoy the game because tweaking the sliders will always be in the back of your mind.
pretty much sums it all up.

i've barely strayed from default this year, just obvious problems i'm having or the cpu. either way, just 1 click from center for the most part.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:11 PM   #18
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
Been away from NCAA for several years so I haven't tried "player lock" (i don't think it's been in Madden for years) ... where do I access player lock, and do I simply choose what position I will control (i.e. FS or SS), and then no matter which players are in the game I only control that position?

That would be perfect for my style because I play a no-switch defense anyway. Depending on formation I typically control either the MLB or SS
Press in on left stick. Awesome, flat out awesome. Only way I play defense.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Old 08-24-2010, 10:14 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 24

@steeler-----
select player u want to control, then press the right stick (ps3).

This locks you onto that player, and pretty much, you control just that player.

It's an awesome feature!
Old 08-24-2010, 10:48 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecooper
...to the CPU, anyway. Here it is: I am constantly tweaking my sliders to try to make the game harder and more realistic, but I take pains to not mess with things so much that routine plays become impossible. Like if I have a good o-line and a good back, I should usually be able to get at least 2-3 yards on a run up the middle - so if I adjust to the point that the CPU is stuffing these runs too often, I have to tweak the sliders back to an easier setting. Same with passing - I can try to sliderize it until I can't pass very easily, but if DBs are constantly jumping my three yard dink passes, I have to ease off again. I've been doing that balancing act for a long time.

But the problem is that no matter how much I tweak, I am simply better and smarter than the AI. Mostly it's that I know how to get a big play at least a couple times a quarter. I can't do it totally on command, but I know the little things that let me bust off a 50 yard run, a deep touchdown bomb pass, or a crucial sack or turnover. The computer can do these things sometimes but it almost happens by accident, when I screw up or something. But if I am in a close game, I WILL get that big play. I'll do what it takes.

I don't even know if there's a fix for this, or a slider set that can resolve it. I've lost some games in NCAA 11, but if my team is about equal to my opponent on paper, I will beat them 90% of the time and usually by 20 points or more, even though our stats will look pretty similar after the game.

My next step is just to play with a bad team and see how that treats me. I don't know if there's another option. I liked the team I was playing with but I'm just creaming everybody lately.
Right now I'm in the same boat. I played GT and there were a few times when Nesbitt should have pitched it for a huge gain (possibly even a TD) and took the loss instead. Meanwhile when they blitzed heavily I made them pay every time in a big way. I make more big plays and when I make them I finish with a TD instead of getting pushed out at the 15.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:58 PM   #21
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

bottom line- move up to big boy football homey, enough with this all american b.s.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 12:03 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROman
bottom line- move up to big boy football homey, enough with this all american b.s.
Indeed. Time for Heisman. I have a Duke dynasty with custom sliders and it is a challenge. Right now I am 5-3; last week I was rocked by Air Force 48-28.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:05 AM   #23
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

I've had this problem with NBA games for a while. I get difficulty and sliders right and the CPU makes it a fight all the way, but regardless I always seem to pull away in the 4th quarter.

I havent had this issue with this game though. The RoboQB prevents it.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:42 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 5

I know what the OP means though. I try to set sliders to get realistic stats on both sides of the ball, but the problem is that the AI doesn't know how to call plays. Calling draw plays on third and 8, blitzes that leave receivers completely open, etc. Some of that stuff may work in real life, but not in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »