Home

EA: The Poll/BCS Ranking Logic is BROKE

This is a discussion on EA: The Poll/BCS Ranking Logic is BROKE within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #89
Rookie

ndfan1993's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: EA: The Poll/BCS Ranking Logic is BROKE

Wow - was it really 3 years ago that I owned this clown. Props for the poster that dug up this gem.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #90
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoh
I am in an online dynasty as Alabama and we just completed the first season. I finished 11-1 with my only loss to the Gators and wound up at #4. Ahead of me was an undefeated Ohio St, Georgia Tech, and West Virginia, and behind me was an undefeated Nevada. So I'm thinking if I beat Florida in the SEC Championship (Florida ranked #12) and a loss by Georgia Tech in the ACC Championship then I might have an opportunity to hop West Virginia and play Ohio State in the BCS NC game. After all, West Virginia only plays 11 games and does not have a conference championship and their schedule is weak compared to alabama's schedule.

Ok, so I smash the Gators in the SEC Championship 30-3 and think I'm in good position with a Geogia Tech loss. Well, to my dismay Georgia Tech wins the ACC title game and holds onto their #2 spot... but that isn't my rub. West Virginia ends the season still ahead of me at #3 even though I just won the SEC Championship and finished 12-1, BUT also Nevada hopped me for the #4 spot in both polls and the BCS rankings. What the frick!!??? Nevada??? Really?? Nevada didn't even play another game the week I smashed the Gators and they still hopped me in the polls.... WTF? I finished #5 and will play in a BCS bowl but give me a frickin break on West Virginia and Nevada finishing ahead of me.

EA is putting waaaaay too much value in going undefeated with small schools. I know Boise and TCU are the catalysts to this change this year but this is just stupid. The toughest team Nevada played all season was Cal and they're not even ranked. I am pissed about this and EA needs to address the ranking logic in a bad way.
Another reason why we need the CFB playoffs. Thats messed up.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:33 PM   #91
Banned

BigMoneyAllDay's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMoneyAllDay
I realized this thread was old when someone said Boise State was ranked #3.
The funny thing is I still have a 2009-2010 preview book that shows Boise State as a possible national champion. They came so close too I think they lost to Nevada. Now at the time, that loss seems terrible, but who was Nevada's QB?None other than Colin Kaepernick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2013, 11:49 AM   #92
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TajDeni
Spoiler
i post this to show that the bcs logic is completely broken and needs to be fixed via a tuner or patch asap. anyone who attempts to justify this is clearly just doing so purely for the sake of doing so. read my quoted post above for more context, if you need it.

so its currently conf champ week. i am in the big10. my current record is 11-1; with my 1st lost coming in the very 1st wk of the season. so that means im on a 11-game win streak presently. i am undefeated so far in conf (still have to play conf champ game). i possess the #1 ranked total defense statistically. i am currently ranked 15th in the bcs polls.

not only am i at 11-1 ranked 15th, but there are atleast 5 teams ahead of me with 3 losses, not to mention the 5 teams ahead of me with 2 losses. there are also 4 teams ranked ahead of me with either 0 or 1 loss. so at worst i should be ranked 5th.

but heres the real killer, i am currently ranked behind ohio st, who is ranked 12th. not only does ohio st. have 3 losses; they are not even 1 of the 2 teams in the conf champ game (myself and another user). they are 3rd in their own conference. btw ohio st is ranked higher than both teams in the big10 conf game, even tho they didnt make it to the game. ohio st. did not beat either team during the season.

somebody figure this 1 out. again the bcs logic is completely broken and needs to be addressed by ea asap. the question is how do i or someone with access to ea make that happen. because the above scenario is completely unacceptable.

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »