Home

They Fired Me

This is a discussion on They Fired Me within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2010, 03:57 PM   #41
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: They Fired Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Well I might be in the same boat as OP after starting up a Tennessee dynasty.

They want:
Finish in the Top 10 (Seriously? They went 7-6 last year!)
Win the SEC (WHAT?!?!?!)
Play in a major bowl game (This is just absurd)

I firmly believe that none of those are even close to attainable.

Oh well I have 3 years...right?

That's what UT fans want within the first 3 years from their coaches, thats what everyone in the SEC wants and/or expects (most fans in that conference think their conference is the toughest out there, b/c of their team, regardless of the fact that they aren't LSU, Bama, or UF fans)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2010, 05:29 PM   #42
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycbs
Most coaches get 4 years to get a football program going, unless they are clearly driving it into the ground or are at a school with a big time program that demands excellence.

For those that say he deserved to be fired, the game was stacked unfairly against him given that stupid 'Beat a 5 or 6 Star Program' goal. That goal is completely unrealistic. A more realistic goal would be to beat a Top 25 or Top 10 team, but even that wouldn't be realistic at all for a 2-star Buffalo program.

Realistic goals for any team below 4 stars would be:

1. Have a winning record.
2. Play in a bowl game.
3. Beat rival X.

As the team progresses to 4 stars and up, the goals should be increased to say, Win X number of games, Win (not just play in) a bowl game, beat a Top 25 or Top 10 team, win conference championship, etc.

Beating a 5 or 6-star team is so unrealistic for Buffalo that if they did it, not only would the coach not get fired, but they'd probably put up a statue of him outside the stadium.
Agree about the 5 or 6 star goal being unrealistic. I'm playing as Indiana and don't even have that goal:

1. Beat Purdue
2. Play in a Bowl Game
3. Beat Michigan

Guess my AD don't give a crap if I beat Ohio St or Penn St. I've already beat Michigan and have a record of 5-4, so one more win and I'm bowl eligible.

Still, he should have been fired for only completing 1 of 9 goals and never beating his rival.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:35 PM   #43
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

You know, you can also create a new coach and just take over Buffalo again. But it looks like you've moved on to greener pastures.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:37 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 18

Quick question related... can you get fired/hired in an Online Dynasty?
Old 08-28-2010, 08:09 PM   #45
Rookie

AubOrange's Arena

OVR: 1

Hold up..........

........................ Who is SU?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2010, 11:56 PM   #46
LSX
Rookie

LSX's Arena

OVR: 3

Syracuse, I believe
Old 08-29-2010, 08:27 AM   #47
Rookie

ttech10's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler289
I think the goals for 1-star teams are always unrealistic. Beat 5-6 prestige teams, finish with a bowl bid, etc. Really tough to do early on.
After I've played 5-9 years at a school I switch to a 1* team. In this game and 09 I've probably done that around 8 times and I've never seen "Beat a 5-6 prestige team" or anything ridiculous. It's always "Beat xxxxx" (with x being the rival), "Have a winning record" and usually "Receive a bowl bid" (which goes with the 2nd goal). Guess I'm lucky.

Anyways I believe you could accept a job somewhere else, go to "Coach Positions" under "Dynasty Setup" and choose to quit that job. You should then be able to pick a coaching job anywhere you want, just pick Buffalo. That way you will be able to go back there and continue building it up. I used that technique in the last game because I had like 5 more years on my contract and my school was already good so wanted to switch to a bottom team.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:46 PM   #48
Rookie

AubOrange's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSX
Syracuse, I believe
... Since when was Buffalo and Syracuse rivals?

They don't even play eachother this year IRL. Nor did they play last year... Or the year before that.

I guess the OP set them in with the custom schedule... But I don't see how they game would recognize it as a rivalry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »