Home

NCAA Football 11 Blog: Leader Board Changes

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Blog: Leader Board Changes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2010, 05:16 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NCAA Football 11 Blog: Leader Board Changes

Check out the new NCAA Football 11 blog, which discusses leader board changes.

Quote:
"Our objective has always been to make our leader boards free of cheaters. It was with this objective in mind that we previously changed the system so it does not award wins or losses if someone quits before the first half is over. However, as of the server maintenance this morning, we've changed how wins and losses are tracked once again. Now, wins and losses are counted regardless of when you (or your opponent) quit the game. If you jump out to an early lead and your opponent quits, you will still receive credit for the victory.

However, to ensure we keep our leader boards as honest as possible, we will be adjusting the skill points awarded to players that get quit on quickly to be lower than a game that reaches the second half. We want to avoid the situation where someone can have two accounts (or a bored friend) and simply jump into games repeatedly, quit out, and rack up wins to advance up the leader board. Hopefully, going forward the leader board will stay honest and wins/losses will be properly awarded to everyone in a ranked game."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / iPhone
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 05:22 PM   #2
Pro

Slaticus's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA Football 11 Blog: Leader Board Changes

I am excited that they are still doing fixes for this game and not just letting it waste away.

If you would like to see the Wing T in action, you can check out my twitch channel. I stream there..badly. I post highlights on my youtube channel as well!
Old 08-25-2010, 07:18 PM   #3
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
EABlog: Quitters in the First Half now give a win

http://ncaafootball.easports.com/blo...erboardChanges

Our objective has always been to make our leader boards free of cheaters. It was with this objective in mind that we previously changed the system so it does not award wins or losses if someone quits before the first half is over. However, as of the server maintenance this morning, we've changed how wins and losses are tracked once again. Now, wins and losses are counted regardless of when you (or your opponent) quit the game. If you jump out to an early lead and your opponent quits, you will still receive credit for the victory.

However, to ensure we keep our leader boards as honest as possible, we will be adjusting the skill points awarded to players that get quit on quickly to be lower than a game that reaches the second half. We want to avoid the situation where someone can have two accounts (or a bored friend) and simply jump into games repeatedly, quit out, and rack up wins to advance up the leader board. Hopefully, going forward the leader board will stay honest and wins/losses will be properly awarded to everyone in a ranked game.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:26 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: EABlog: Quitters in the First Half now give a win

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
http://ncaafootball.easports.com/blo...erboardChanges

Our objective has always been to make our leader boards free of cheaters. It was with this objective in mind that we previously changed the system so it does not award wins or losses if someone quits before the first half is over. However, as of the server maintenance this morning, we've changed how wins and losses are tracked once again. Now, wins and losses are counted regardless of when you (or your opponent) quit the game. If you jump out to an early lead and your opponent quits, you will still receive credit for the victory.

However, to ensure we keep our leader boards as honest as possible, we will be adjusting the skill points awarded to players that get quit on quickly to be lower than a game that reaches the second half. We want to avoid the situation where someone can have two accounts (or a bored friend) and simply jump into games repeatedly, quit out, and rack up wins to advance up the leader board. Hopefully, going forward the leader board will stay honest and wins/losses will be properly awarded to everyone in a ranked game.
This is good news. Now we just need to see that patch to fix the PA Glitch pronto.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:31 PM   #5
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

Yes i quit playing online all together because of the glitch and I love online
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 07:38 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
This is good news. Now we just need to see that patch to fix the PA Glitch pronto.
I'm sure this has been covered...but what is the play action glitch? I just found out about the awesome pump fake glitch today.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:47 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 32

the pump fake glitch is the one I am referring to... brain fart
Old 08-25-2010, 09:57 PM   #8
Pro

bruinkid626's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
the pump fake glitch is the one I am referring to... brain fart
play action, pump fake, pump action, public announcer, PA.. it's all so confusing!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »