Home

Sway Pitch - does it work?

This is a discussion on Sway Pitch - does it work? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2010, 01:22 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Sway Pitch - does it work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413
Can't say definitively, but I believe it does increase his level of interest. But it might be a double-edged sword. What I wonder is, even if it does increase his interest in a pitch, does it increase his interest for the other schools recruiting him as well?

That would suck. Me doing the work of the CPU coach and then losing the recruit because the sway pitch scored the other school more points.

I'll do a check on this... Excellent question!
I'm pretty sure it does work for other schools too. I've seen prospects with 4 or 5 "very high"s, and the only way that could happen is if the CPU is also swaying pitches.

So not only does it increase the interest for other schools too, but it seems that they also sway pitches.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:46 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Can you sway negative? For example if i am D+ on PT, and the recruit has it VERY HIGH. Is there a way to sway it worse, so that schools with A on PT are less effective at that pitch?

Or does it only sway up?
Old 08-26-2010, 05:52 PM   #11
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilerfan1509
Can you sway negative? For example if i am D+ on PT, and the recruit has it VERY HIGH. Is there a way to sway it worse, so that schools with A on PT are less effective at that pitch?

Or does it only sway up?
You could in past games, but I haven't been able to do that in this year's game.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2010, 09:36 PM   #12
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

The swaying this year is immediately to the level of your pitch unlike in previous games.

You used to only be able to sway one level at a time (i.e. Very Low to Low)
Now the pitch can go from Low to Very High in one call
Old 08-27-2010, 02:14 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

What do you mean to the level of your pitch?

Do you mean that if I have an A+, and I sway him, his interest switches to "Most"?

I guess this would work, because it seems that each grade can correspond to one interest level:

A+ - Most
A - Very High
B+ - High
B - Above Average
C+ - Average
C - Low
D+ - Very Low
D - Least

Is that what you mean? Because that would be very interesting.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:45 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium
I've been recruiting over several seasons now, and I usually try to sway pitches for which I have good grades and the recruit is not very interested. I thought this was working well, but I never really checked up on it.

Just now, however, I decided to make sure it was actually increasing the player's interest in these areas, and it appears that it is not. I just successfully changed a player's mind ("My coach keeps saying the same thing. You guys must be right") only to see the next week that his interest was still at Low, just like the week before.

Has anyone else noticed this? Maybe I need more data points to see if this is an actual problem.
I never try to sway pitches... Just a waste of time, IMO. I'd rather focus on the things that the recruit deems important, especially if I grade out good in that area.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:38 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

i have had it swayed so it gives me more points but not raise kids intrest lvl, and some raise both
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »