Home

are they going to fix fumbles on next patch?

This is a discussion on are they going to fix fumbles on next patch? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2010, 02:03 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: are they going to fix fumbles on next patch?

Playing online I had some fumbling issues and now just set my break tackle gameplan to conservative and rarely, seriously once every ten games, do I fumble.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:05 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Or tune file?
They are crazy.. i can`t keep playing this game with this..

some games are okey, but then i get games with 8 total fumbles... i mean... wtf!
Hmmm... Not having this issue. In eight games played, I've fumbled the ball 11 times and lost six of them. I did fumble five times in one game but that was in heavy rain at Husky Stadium. I have recovered four fumbles on defense... Doesn't seem like too much at all.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:40 AM   #11
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17

I don't see the fumble problems either. I have 9 fumbles through 7 games and 5 of them are from my QB who fumbled either 1) while getting sacked and I tried to get rid of the ball or 2) on 3 occasions I left the pocket but didn't use RB as I was being tackled because I was trying to gain more yards. My 9 fumbles through 7 games is a 1.28 per game average. I use RB when in traffic or when being tackled from behind. It's really important to do this with quarterbacks.

On defense I've forced 8 fumbles through my 7 games. That too is a realistic number. I never set my defense to Strip Ball or Hard Hits.

I suspect that the few people who complain about fumbles do not use the Cover Up button in traffic or when they sense the tackle from behind. My thought is they are used to previous video games where they string off highlight tackle breaking moves one after another. I really believe EA did an excellent job of replicating fumbles in this year's game. If you watch a game IRL you will see running backs covering the ball as they enter traffic and sometimes while hitting the hole. Ball carriers, whether RB, WR or QB cover up when they sense a tackle from behind because you'll see defenders are taught to punch the ball from behind as they are wrapping up to tackle.

I hope EA doesn't change this.

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2010, 06:46 AM   #12
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

Fumbles are fine. If anything there's not enough.

First thing I do when I get on offense is change the gameplay that effects fumbles to Conservative. Always use the cover up ball button whenever the defender has a big hit angle on you.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:52 AM   #13
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
Hmmm... Not having this issue. In eight games played, I've fumbled the ball 11 times and lost six of them. I did fumble five times in one game but that was in heavy rain at Husky Stadium. I have recovered four fumbles on defense... Doesn't seem like too much at all.
Sorry i didnt clarify. My probmlems are not with human fumble, but cpu fumbles. Last season i recover 18 fumbles with A 1 star team. Irl they recovered 2 :/

I must say i won a couple of games thankz to that.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:29 AM   #14
MVP

Chrono's Arena

OVR: 8

Fumbles have not been a problem for myself or the CPU once I moved to default Heisman. When I messed around with Varsity and AA sliders in the beginning, it did seem like the CPU fumbled more then me... but I never thought it was excessive.

As for human fumbles, as many have mentioned if you're not abusing the spin move and stiff arm buttons you should be fine. I hope they don't tune anything because it has been fine for me through 3 seasons on Heisman.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:41 AM   #15
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

In 50 plus games I have never seen more then three total fumbles in any one of them. Neither the CPU nor myself have ever fumbled three times in one game.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2010, 10:13 AM   #16
MVP

bvb24's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Sorry i didnt clarify. My probmlems are not with human fumble, but cpu fumbles. Last season i recover 18 fumbles with A 1 star team. Irl they recovered 2 :/

I must say i won a couple of games thankz to that.
Just up the cpu RBA slider 5 or 10 points. You'll be amazed at the change.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »