Home

The Boise State Broncos

This is a discussion on The Boise State Broncos within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2010, 05:24 AM   #1
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8
The Boise State Broncos

I just started a dynasty with them. Wow.
I had to do a double take after I saw the #1 overall recruit in the country - some phenom running back from New York - actually has me as one of his top schools.

This team is absolutely locked and loaded for bear. You just as easily could end up with 300 yards on the ground as you could passing. Having run with SMU then Houston, getting huge chunks of yards running the ball is such a foreign concept to me but it's nice to be a balanced prolific offense for once.

This team is a juggernaut but still retains it's small school charm and QB Kellen Moore is the Joe Montana of NCAA 11.

Oh, and I just beat Va Tech in the season opener. BCS Championship here I come.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2010, 06:27 AM   #2
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: The Boise State Broncos

Be careful with recruiting though, it is tougher than it seems wth Boise. I mean it is Idaho so you have no in state recruiting. Also the pitches for Boise are a lot lower than any team you recruit against. They are fun to use though and even 3* players will be 10x better than what the other conference teams get.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 08-27-2010, 06:56 AM   #3
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
Be careful with recruiting though, it is tougher than it seems wth Boise. I mean it is Idaho so you have no in state recruiting. Also the pitches for Boise are a lot lower than any team you recruit against. They are fun to use though and even 3* players will be 10x better than what the other conference teams get.
I see what you mean. I've got alot of 4 star and a couple of 5's on my recruiting board but it's a tough go. Conference Prestige, Program Tradition and Academics are really killing me. I'm actually in danger of not landing any of them That, and when I schedule a visit and the recruit takes one look at that blue field I think I get a penalty or something.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:29 AM   #4
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
I see what you mean. I've got alot of 4 star and a couple of 5's on my recruiting board but it's a tough go. Conference Prestige, Program Tradition and Academics are really killing me. I'm actually in danger of not landing any of them That, and when I schedule a visit and the recruit takes one look at that blue field I think I get a penalty or something.
Yeah, I would use the search recruits and sort by only top 3 or top 5, to try and find guys that you can realistically land. I would have to fill half of my recruiting classes with 3* players for depth. The 3* guys are servicable as long as they don't have to play right away though.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 08-27-2010, 10:51 AM   #5
Rookie

acreyman's Arena

OVR: 6

I used to live right across the street from the stadium for a few years. All the coach has to do for recruiting is take the kids down to downtown Boise on a friday or saturday night. The bar/club scene down there is insane and it rivals 6th street in Austin TX. You got about 6 blocks and two streets of bars, one after the other, and its walking distance from the campus.......campus lifestyle should get an A+ in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2010, 11:12 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Yeah I bet all those 17 and 18 year olds are won over by bars they're not supposed to be allowed to go in until they're seniors.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:30 AM   #7
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by acreyman
I used to live right across the street from the stadium for a few years. All the coach has to do for recruiting is take the kids down to downtown Boise on a friday or saturday night. The bar/club scene down there is insane and it rivals 6th street in Austin TX. You got about 6 blocks and two streets of bars, one after the other, and its walking distance from the campus.......campus lifestyle should get an A+ in the game.
Dude...it's still Boise *freaking* Idaho.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:37 PM   #8
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Dude...it's still Boise *freaking* Idaho.
He didn't finish his story. The next day they went out and saw the famous potatos of Idaho. That instantly made them commit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »