Home

Heisman Difficulty=No Sportsmanship by CPU???

This is a discussion on Heisman Difficulty=No Sportsmanship by CPU??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2010, 09:35 AM   #1
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17
Heisman Difficulty=No Sportsmanship by CPU???

I'm playing in an online dynasty at Iowa in year 2, the 2nd week of the season. I'm Tennessee and unranked while Iowa is ranked 8th...It's 6 min qtrs with default sliders....I'm down by 28 points in the 4th quarter, but yet the CPU is passing the ball on 4th and 1. They pretty much kept on passing regardless of their lead. They stoped passing and ran the ball during their last possion when they got the ball with like 1:30 left in the game. I know they have that gameplan thing where the teams play like they do in real life(i.e. certain teams no huddling, etc), but to keep passing with a 28 point lead seemed odd to me. Would Iowa really do that in real life? (Maybe they just wanted to prove they were a legit program since they were facing a SEC school...lol). I'm not upset about it...I'm just wondering out of curiosity if anyone else has noticed the CPU having a lack of sportsmanship on Heisman?

Last edited by TN - BRAVES FAN; 08-27-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2010, 09:59 AM   #2
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Heisman Difficulty=No Sportsmanship by CPU???

I've seen in online dynasties with 1* teams, the CPU putting up 80+ points on teams. If I throw the ball up only 21 I get a red flashing sign telling me i'm a poor sport. The CPU needs that in their face too.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 08-27-2010, 10:33 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 20
Re: Heisman Difficulty=No Sportsmanship by CPU???

Yes, and it was like this last year too. Yet another classic oversight.

The other side of it, too, is that when you have a big lead and are trying to run out the clock, that doesn't stop the CPU from bringing the house every play on defense. Where's my incentive not to exploit their aggressiveness? But if I do, you know, I'm a poor sport.

Might be a little tricky to pinpoint when it should happen, but at some point the CPU, on both offense and defense, should go into vanilla mode: 90% runs, 90% 4-man rush packages, Conservative Gameplan, etc. Currently they don't go into this mode until there's like 2 minutes to go, and when you play 10-minute quarters like I do, that's entirely too late.

Of course all of this points to the fact that the CPU seems fairly unaware of game-circumstance in general, hence passing with a huge lead, throwing interceptions with a huge deficit, hardly ever making an effort to end the game once it's been decided, and so on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »