Home

Signed Only 7 Recruits After Winning A National Title!

This is a discussion on Signed Only 7 Recruits After Winning A National Title! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2010, 02:01 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Signed Only 7 Recruits After Winning A National Title!

I've had a hard time getting any recruits so far, even if they are interested in my school to start with.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:48 PM   #10
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

I've had that happen before; it's just like previous posters said, if you go after too many 4-5 star recruits the CPU teams will eventually overtake you as you've seen. The way CPU teams recruit is 60 minutes for 4-6 recruits, 50 minutes for 4-6 recruits, 10-20 (sometimes 30) minutes for a few recruits and 0 for the rest. So if different CPU teams are spending 50-60 minutes on players that you aren't, you're going to lose them.

Your best bet is to offer scholarships to all the players who have you as their top school, if they don't instantly commit and it's not a position of need, take them off your board and replace them with another player who has you listed as their top school and repeat. Once you've done that with all the 4-5 star players, replace them with 3 star players. You can spend as little as 10 minutes on 3 star players since CPU teams tend to neglect recruiting a lot of them until later in season and by that time you'd have a huge advantage.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:12 PM   #11
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17

Lol at prowler's signature. Btw, good info prowler.

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 06:41 PM   #12
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

After getting my butt kicked by Alabama in the national title game as Pitt(WVU was #2 and I leap frogged), I had more 4*'s wanting to go to Pitt. I still had no shot with any 5 * players.

I usually target someone at the beginning of the season I really want that's a 4* or 5*, and has mild interest in me. Managed to pick up my starting true freshman QB who is 6'4 215 and has B+ for throwing and accuracy

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »