Home

Types of cheesing

This is a discussion on Types of cheesing within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2010, 08:34 AM   #1
Rookie

greenhead's Arena

OVR: 1
Types of cheesing

So, I played my online game (as UF) against Vandy yesterday. I admittedly don't keep up with online play, never play random online games, and this was my first crack at an online dynasty...and I was playing with guys I kinda know. But, I feel like somehow I got cheesed to death last night.

Please don't post _how_ to cheese, but was wondering how this guy, with Vanderbilt, was able to blow through my offensive line on every play. It didn't matter if I passed or ran. Usually when I ran outside, I had blockers, and they did absolutely no good. Lineman and linebacks just went around them at blistering speeds. And, when I did run and get outside the pocket, on say a sweep, his defensive lineman could easily catch up to Demps, FL RB, with a 99 speed. It was like he had a second turbo button or was playing at a different speed. I was eventually able to kill him on screen passes, but would still get chased down from behind by lineman or linebackers, something that shouldn't happen to someone with the speed of Demps.

This guy put his #3 RB in as his option QB and ran all over me until I blitzed enough to stop him. Once I did that, he went straight for the four verticals and completed pretty much every pass I didn't manually cover and intercept. He _still_ was able to complete that pass.

Then, I don't know if there is a way to "cheese" this, but, with 5 seconds left in the first half, I couldn't call a timeout. I had one, but both the timeout button and the pause button didn't work. Maybe that's just a glitch.

Finally, and I am guessing this is just bad luck, but for the third game in a row, on my final drive to win the game, I get busted for a holding call on _the_ play that would have won me the game. I just thought with all the other cheesing going on in this game that it seemed too convenient to have my only penalty on _the_ play.

Again, I don't want this to turn into a locked thread on _how_ to do this, but, are either the timeout or holding situations something that can be cheesed? Or, did I just have bad luck?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 08:43 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Types of cheesing

I've seen pretty much all the things you jotted down. I wouldn't consider any of that cheese.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:53 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Types of cheesing

Wisgator, you wouldn't consider putting a RB at QB cheese? Or running Four Verts? What the hell DO you consider cheese then? I can't even think of anything worse than those two things. They occupy the upper limit of cheesing.

I'm guessing it was just bad luck on the timeout glitch. If i had to guess about how his line busted through every time, he probably just switched his D-line game plan to Aggressive. His LBs catching your RB can probably be chalked up to the speed threshold being set too high. IMO, you need to set that at 0-10 for more realistic results, or else you'll have DTs running down your 90 SPD, 85 ACC scrambling QB anytime you try to leave the pocket.

But don't be mistaken. RB at QB is literally as bad as it gets cheese wise. Four Verts is practically an exploit this year too. Did he also go for it on every 4th down? Go for 2 pt conversions every time? Onside kick after every score?

Last edited by Adamantium; 08-31-2010 at 09:54 AM. Reason: typo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »