Home

Progression

This is a discussion on Progression within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2010, 12:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Progression

Has the progression problem been fixed in dynasty? Are there a lot less amounts of throwaway type players now? I've been wanting to get this game but the progression problem is a huge turnoff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2010, 12:44 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Progression

Yeah it's been fixed since the beginning of August, when all the teams' grades slowly withered away until you were left with 50+ teams at or below a D+ overall.

It's still difficult to build a loaded team very fast, but that's probably a good thing. After a few years, you'll only see a select few teams above an A- overall.

I'm not sure, but it seems like progression is tied either to Coach Experience, Coach Prestige, or Athletic Facilities. I say this because I'm in an offline dynasty with my roommate. I'm Stanford and he is Cal, and in the first offseason, my team had the standard progression of about 3-3.5 OVR points per player, but his averaged more like 4-5 OVR points per player. We're both 3 Star programs, but his recruiting grades were considerably higher in all three categories above, which leads me to believe that one of those is responsible.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:57 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Are there still a lot of upsets? By upsets I mean FCS directional teams taking out FBS teams.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:56 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've never seen it happen. Maybe if it's FCS vs. Eastern Michigan or something, but I've never seen it.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:02 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkins
Are there still a lot of upsets? By upsets I mean FCS directional teams taking out FBS teams.
Those weren't upsets. FCS teams are D- teams. Before they fixed the progression, there were tons of D- FBS schools so it was a D- team beating a D- team which isn't an upset.

I haven't noticed FCS schools beating FBS schools any more, but I haven't looked hard.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2010, 08:23 PM   #6
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I like what EA has done with the progression now. At first I had huge issues with all the "throw away" players as they are called. I'm now in year 3 with Notre Dame and have a 3* Juco SoRs QB starting. He came in at 79 overall and after a red shirt year he's now a 82ovr. That same player would have been a 68ovr before the fix. I have seen some good 3* players and have a few starting for me. It is much harder to build a stud team in one class. I'm really having fun with this game now. I have played this game since 98 and never had this much fun. Just wish I had more time to play but have a full plate and very little time.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:43 AM   #7
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Has this really been fixed? I just started year 4 of my Indiana dynasty and I only see 3 or 4 A- teams. My Indiana team started out as a B- and is now a C. This isn't my ideal way of running a dynasty where my team is declining every year, even though I'm pulling in decent recruiting classes.

My kickers and punters both progessed 10 points but everyone else progressed from 1 point to 4 points.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »