Home

Def player fatigue: Lack thereof

This is a discussion on Def player fatigue: Lack thereof within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2010, 10:14 PM   #1
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Def player fatigue: Lack thereof

Hey just noticed that the def players don't get tired. I was Michigan and Iowa went on a 14 play drive with about 50/50 run-pass from like their own 25. Not one of my def players turned a color lighter than dark green in the formation menu. Extremely disappointing considering how the ball was dropped on this last year (or the year before I'm tired of keeping up). It's extra annoying too because the off fatigue system works perfectly!

EA...C'mon Man!!!!

I'm on the PS3 btw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2010, 10:42 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Def player fatigue: Lack thereof

This is just plain wrong..
Old 09-01-2010, 11:38 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have a ps3 and my defenders get tired. It's just done poorly. Long plays and no huddle is really the only thing that gets guys really tired.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:30 AM   #4
Rookie

demon19000's Arena

OVR: 3

I haven't really had that problem yet. I have LBs and DLs get auto subbed for fatigue all the time.
!
--------------------------------------
PSN: demon19000
Old 09-02-2010, 10:17 AM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scur2D2
This is just plain wrong..
What he said. On long drives I have most of my D guys subbed out. My DTs are the first to go (especially Will Campbell) and then my DEs. My LBs get subbed out too. My DBs usually don't get subbed out (because I have their auto subs turned down a lot more than my front 7) but my CBs turn orange quite often.

This is NCAA '11 on 360.

EDIT:
Have you checked their numbers to make sure that all of your starters are in the entire drive? I don't know what % fatigue matches with what color, but I usually don't see my D-line turn even yellow because I have my auto subs turned up so that they go out before getting to orange. I never see my D-line turn orange, but that's because my fresh backups are in the game before the starters turn orange. If your auto subs are turned up enough, you could see the same thing where everyone is green, but you're not noticing that it's actually your starters, and then your backups, and then your starters again.

Stupid question, but are you sure your fatigue slider isn't turned off?
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 09-02-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2010, 10:49 AM   #6
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
What he said. On long drives I have most of my D guys subbed out. My DTs are the first to go (especially Will Campbell) and then my DEs. My LBs get subbed out too. My DBs usually don't get subbed out (because I have their auto subs turned down a lot more than my front 7) but my CBs turn orange quite often.

This is NCAA '11 on 360.

EDIT:
Have you checked their numbers to make sure that all of your starters are in the entire drive? I don't know what % fatigue matches with what color, but I usually don't see my D-line turn even yellow because I have my auto subs turned up so that they go out before getting to orange. I never see my D-line turn orange, but that's because my fresh backups are in the game before the starters turn orange. If your auto subs are turned up enough, you could see the same thing where everyone is green, but you're not noticing that it's actually your starters, and then your backups, and then your starters again.

Stupid question, but are you sure your fatigue slider isn't turned off?
Very good post and I have noted it. I'll pay more attention to what is happening but I'm almost sure that they weren't subbed out. My auto-sub sliders are moved up to Playmakers slider standards so yeah. I also moved them up very high in order to get progress and my DT's and LB's never came back into the game in the second half. Just like last year. I'll try again.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:26 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm on PS3.

I notice that in perfect conditions, maybe some light wind, my starters are in all the time, offense and defense, through the first two quarters. In the third quarter, my offensive starters start to show some fatigue, while I'll have a defensive player subbed out for a play or two (usually a db or lb). In the fourth quarter is where I see it happening more on both sides of the ball. This seems weak, but fairly accurate.

What gets me is that when I mass sub, it seems kickoffs really fatigue my second- and third-team (if I'm lucky to have three-deep at a position) defense. One short play of maybe 10 second has too big of an impact on player fatigue. That's when my team starts playing iron man football, and I'll see my offensive players and kicker and punter come in on defense. It seems weird and almost cheesy to me, but I'll mass sub my first-team back in for a series to give my fatigued second- and third-teamers a break, and so that I don't see my offensive guys or kicker and punter on defense.

Inclement weather exacerbates the issue.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:29 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Maybe you started the game with fatigue off because it works just fine for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »