Home

Rotating Running Backs

This is a discussion on Rotating Running Backs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2010, 01:30 AM   #1
Rookie

AgentFelix0013's Arena

OVR: 1
Rotating Running Backs

Let me open by saying I'm sorry if this has been addressed but I tried looking and couldn't find an answer. Wondering what people who are fans of teams with 2 backs on equal standings do to rotate backs accurately. I understand this can change if it's 2 backs with similar skills or a complimentary scat back/power back combo. Came up when I was playing out this weekend's Boise St vs VT game as VT and realized that Darren Evans was only entering the game when Ryan Williams was totally gassed. To put it this way, Williams had 27 carries to Evans' 5. Both had 3 receptions.

So is the answer to adjust the RB in/RB out setting? Do formation subs beforehand or find someone who has edited such formation subs? How can this more accurately reflect real life?

Thanks in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2010, 02:59 AM   #2
Rookie

AgentFelix0013's Arena

Re: Rotating Running Backs

bump......
Old 09-02-2010, 04:48 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

In my USC dynasty I have 3 backs who I formation sub into certain packages. Aside from this and possibly changing the sub in/sub out slider in coach settings, I don't know another way to do this.
"In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."
Old 09-02-2010, 05:28 AM   #4
Pro

SuperNoVa27's Arena

OVR: 6

Wait woah Bosie played VT, I just started a Dynasty with VT and scheduled my first game against Boise, I owned them at home and Ryan Williams had 120 yards or so and Darren Evans usually came in on third downs and had 88 yards with 3 td's. Last Game against ECU both of them had 200+ yards with 22 and 20 carries, I messed around with my Sub in/sub out sliders and I usually put the backup in around the 3rd Quarter.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:16 AM   #5
Rookie

EZ Esquire's Arena

I always look closely at their ratings.

I usually take the stronger back and put him into power formations.

The back better at catching goes into shotgun formations.

If everything is so equal it does not matter I just split them evenly over the plays and never think about it. I call my normal game and whichever back is in for that formation gets the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2010, 12:23 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I thought the OP was asking how to get a CPU team to run a true two back system.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »