Home

Pre-determined losses

This is a discussion on Pre-determined losses within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2010, 02:50 AM   #73
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Pre-determined losses

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
Pretty much this.

Technically I dont believe there are predetermined losses. But there are many games (especially online) where a ton of BS things (super linebackers, dropped picks, fumbles, drops, terrible blocking) happen in a short period of time. I've had games where I fumble 3 times, drop 4 interceptions, and get 7 tipped passes. But these happen in every game unfortunently. Its just bad luck when they all happen at once.
That sums it all up for me... Those exact things have happined to me online where everything goes there way and nothing goes you're way... Even if you are the better player you will lose sometimes. Just like in real life...
Old 10-22-2010, 08:20 AM   #74
MVP

OVR: 34

These games are all about probabilities, combined with user execution.

Sooner or later, Murphy's Law is going to kick in to some degree.

We have a tendency, or at least I do, of trying to force the issue, when the snow ball starts, and that just makes it worse.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:27 PM   #75
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Like I said before, without the source code it's all conjecture. I choose to believe its just random chance when I have 10 things go wrong in a row since it happens in real life. Since I can't verify it either way, I'm happier that way. And I can say with certainty I have fought back from those kinds of runs of bad luck and won. I have never felt like I had no chance to win a game no matter what I do as a result of those kinds of things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2010, 03:58 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 5

Never had it happen to me. It happens in sports all the time, where one team just does extremely badly and loses. The closest I've gotten is in my Indiana dynasty. I was playing Northwestern, and I was down 29-3 at the start of the 4th quarter. Everything went right for me, and I came back to win the game.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:51 PM   #77
Pro

The Amaizen Blue's Arena

OVR: 7

You can't even run the Option offense anymore because the safeties cheat up to the line of scrimmage EVERY run play. Whenever you call a pass in the same formation after 5 run plays, they magically know what you're doing and put their safeties back 10 yards. It's ridiculous.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:57 PM   #78
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by packersfan4eva
Never had it happen to me. It happens in sports all the time, where one team just does extremely badly and loses. The closest I've gotten is in my Indiana dynasty. I was playing Northwestern, and I was down 29-3 at the start of the 4th quarter. Everything went right for me, and I came back to win the game.
How the heck did you do that? They could pretty much just take knees every drive and by the time you ran you're offense everydrive the game would be over before you could score 3+ TD's lol. Not saying it's not true, but dang what did they do fumble every drive lol...
Old 10-22-2010, 10:01 PM   #79
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amaizen Blue
You can't even run the Option offense anymore because the safeties cheat up to the line of scrimmage EVERY run play. Whenever you call a pass in the same formation after 5 run plays, they magically know what you're doing and put their safeties back 10 yards. It's ridiculous.
This.. It's bad as it can get on Heisman mode. You would think EA could make the game harder without having to cheat.

The option when ran right is suppose to make the key defender to make a choice to either cover the RB or stick with the Qb. But the game always covers it like perfect on harder modes.. Sure it shouldn't work everytime but come on EA lol.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:26 AM   #80
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amaizen Blue
I too, totally agree with this. It pretty much leaves you to run 5-10 plays over and over again. Oregon, OSU, Michigan, etc should all be fun offenses to run, but you can't run them without dumbing down the defense so much that you are winning every game 100 - 0. I do not see how EA will be able to utilize this engine and/or physics again in next years release. If they would just make the players on both the CPU and Human team play to their ratings on All American, the sliders should only be utilized for slight adjustments to fit peoples playing styles and strengths/weaknesses. When you are having to adjust sliders from 50 down to 10 or up to 80 those are not slight adjustments. Also do not tell me that they play to their rating because if that is the case when I am playing a team with an even rating I should not be winning everytime 56-14.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »