Home

Pre-determined losses

This is a discussion on Pre-determined losses within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2010, 09:11 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Pre-determined losses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyuimintojsus
I don't know about predetermined stuff, but luck, yes. And others, might be sliders stuff.

But for me (Mississippi State), I can't stop anything through the air no matter if I use man or zone. The CPU went 17 of 20 one game against me, can't remember who, and then today against No. 17 Houston, the CPU goes 33-for-40 in the game. If not for a fluke - yes I say fluke with my luck - a pass to the outside that my CB intercepts and returns, I probably lose. Down 21-7 at the half with five turnovers. I win 38-28 and forced the CPU into five turnovers, three or four in second half.

I am driving and get intercepted by a one-handed catch by the CB that was nowhere near the play or I have an inside receiver uncovered because of zone, I quick throw it and the LB makes an impossible jump to get a piece of it.

Granted, it was a FCS team, they gave the CPU a field goal when I went back and looked at the replay, the durn thing was short! It didn't go over the cross bar.

Everyone has an easy time with the CPU seems like, but I can't do anything against the pass. Nor can I run the ball. This is All-American.
None of that has anything to do with pre-determined outcomes. Pass defense is not very good or realistic in this game. You can overcome it with the right combination of sliders and strategy, but even a good defense will give up 300 yards to a quarterback if he gets enough dropbacks. You just hope to counter it with sacks and INTs at the right times.

The ridiculous interceptions and tips by defensive players, especially linebackers, happens on all difficulties and even when you're crushing the other team. It's just unrealistic programming of the throw and the player's reaction. The pass is a little too low unless you put a lot of touch on it, and the linebacker shouldn't have this split-second ability to get off the ground and hit the ball when he was barely looking at you when you threw.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:09 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 11

when i start seeing things like this happen i call a T.O and it seems to reset the AI.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:26 AM   #35
Pro

SuperNoVa27's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90

The only time I ever see people use the "pre-determined losses" garbage is when a game doesn't go their way and they're sore about it.

You win some, you lose some. Sometimes you just make more mistakes, guess what? It happens in real life. Believe it or not, there is such thing as a bad game. Much like the Nebraska example used earlier.

I havent quit 1 dynasty game in NCAA 11 and Im undefeated in like 5 dynastys and thier are games where I have to score 60+ points because teh CPU tries to cheat and win the game. It makes me sadface sometimes. I had my C- Teambuilder team against Bosie State the first week of the season. 21-0 in my favor, 4th quarter hits bam Boise scores 21 points. I scored everytime they scored with 1 extra and ended up winning 48-24 I wanted it too look like a realistic blow-out so I could start a Chise with them but the CPU had to push it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2010, 06:07 PM   #36
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNoVa27
I havent quit 1 dynasty game in NCAA 11 and Im undefeated in like 5 dynastys and thier are games where I have to score 60+ points because teh CPU tries to cheat and win the game. It makes me sadface sometimes. I had my C- Teambuilder team against Bosie State the first week of the season. 21-0 in my favor, 4th quarter hits bam Boise scores 21 points. I scored everytime they scored with 1 extra and ended up winning 48-24 I wanted it too look like a realistic blow-out so I could start a Chise with them but the CPU had to push it
How did that have anything to do with my post?
Old 09-04-2010, 09:20 PM   #37
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

I don't think its rigged, not after seeing the Ole Miss score, losing to Jacksonville St, lol.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:18 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 5

I wouldn't say that it is predetermined, but I definately believe that on each game load there is a behind the scenes dice roll that affects the game. It works both for and against you and in most games seems to be a relative non-factor. Then there are the few random games (like the OP had) that make you scratch your head and just wonder. I've had many games where I just destroyed a team I had no business being in a game with (gotta love 4 INTs and 7!!! fumbles...4 defensive TDs total). I've also had games where I had the same happen to me.

Not to say its necessarily a bad thing, or that it's unrealistic, but it is definately in the game.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:40 PM   #39
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

It would stun me if it wasn't:

A bell curve on dominance of one team over the other, in terms of play recognition, turnovers, drops, etc.

Most of the time, this "rating" is even or close to even. The middle of the bell curve. Sometimes, it leans in your favor, and rarely, FAR in your favor.

Conversely, sometimes it's against you, and rarely, its VERY against you. These games SUCK. To suggest they don't exist isn't accurate at all.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:05 PM   #40
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeseChiarlo
I have not lost such a game, but to deny they exist where just about everything is stacked against your team, is a bit ignorant. There are certainly games that everything is stacked against the opposing team. Turnovers, penalties, injuries, QB off, receivers off, sometimes you can overcome this by playing fantastic defense and field position. Which is how I have been able to eek out these wins. I personally enjoy close games, but dont want to feel like the CPU has to cheat to make the games close.
Yeah obviously there are going to be games where things don't go your way it's called playing poorly and/or not happening to catch breaks. It's one thing to say that there will be games where you get unlucky with turnovers, penalties or whatever and an entirely different thing to say the game is coded to predetermine losses for you.

I feel like way too many people get the two things mixed up. There's no actual evidence of the code existing in this game, so people are just making unfounded claims. What it comes down to in the end is just not taking your L against the cpu and trying to make excuses for it by accusing the cpu of cheating.

Last edited by poopoop; 09-05-2010 at 04:07 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »