Home

NCAA Football 11 Patch #3 and Live Tuning Pack 3 Arrives September 7th

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Patch #3 and Live Tuning Pack 3 Arrives September 7th within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 05:50 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA Football 11 Patch #3 and Live Tuning Pack 3 Arrives September 7th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
Glad to see these things getting fixed.

But I wish we would have gotten a fix for CPU overblitzing. That's still the biggest hurdle to me having a good challenge playing against the CPU.
Do you turn down their def. aggression slider? I decreased that 20-25 points for every team in dynasty - didn't take that long and it's helped, although they still bring the house at times that I think "Boy, this is a bad idea." And then of course the instant touchdown results. But I get those less than I used to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2010, 05:54 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3

Hey guys..anyone know a good doctor..its been about 4hrs since I read this update..kinda getting worried here. ;-)

This is faking awsome!!!!
Old 09-03-2010, 05:57 PM   #43
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

I wanna throw this out there. I know there was more in consideration, so I don't know how much was cut or they just didn't mention yet.

Presuming this patch doesn't introduce any show stoppers, this'll be the final patch of the year (might be more tune files), so the thought process is "don't address too much and risk another major problem". Patch 2 seemed too good to be true... and it was. This is a modest patch that addresses most of the major problems and I hope was little enough to be tested thoroughly so we wont see any new problems.

So if there are things you consider big that didn't get addressed, understand it wasn't because they didn't look at it or didn't care. It was likely that they either fixed it and found it created another problem, or they saw the potential for it creating problems and decided to hold off until N12. I know the schedule issue is a pretty big deal, and I know a lot of people are going to be disappointed it's not listed here.

All that said, I have my own complaint. They're treating the wrong symptom. Progression wasn't really the issue; it was recruiting logic. The CPU teams just made stupid decisions in recruiting. They're a little better now, but they still don't get low-priority positions. It doesn't matter how much kickers improve if teams don't recruit them. They needed to increase the importance of kickers (the number of stars they show up as) so that CPU teams would actually attempt to sign them.

I've won two games in my current dynasty season (one against #2 Florida, the other in OT in a rivalry game vs. USC) because the team had ridiculously terrible kickers. Florida's kicker missed 3 extra points, USC's missed 2 (the second being a would-be tying extra point in OT!). I also beat #3 Miami in part due to missed extra points. Terrible kickers on all three rosters. I'm currently ranked #3 in the nation due to those victories (I would have beaten Miami anyways, but Florida would have beaten me and USC would have taken me into another OT). These are not recruited kickers that didn't progress, but WALK-ON kickers.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 09-03-2010 at 06:17 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:01 PM   #44
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49
Thank you a million times over, NCAA team. This addresses pretty much everything I had an issue with.

Game on!
Old 09-03-2010, 06:03 PM   #45
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I wanna throw this out there. I know there was more in consideration, so I don't know how much was cut or they just didn't mention yet.

Presuming this patch doesn't introduce any show stoppers, this'll be the final patch of the year (might be more tune files), so the thought process is "don't address too much and risk another major problem". Patch 2 seemed too good to be true... and it was. This is a modest patch that addresses most of the major problems and I hope was little enough to be tested thoroughly so we wont see any new problems.

So if there are things you consider big that didn't get addressed, understand it wasn't because they didn't look at it or didn't care. It was likely that they either fixed it and found it created another problem, or they saw the potential for it creating problems and decided to hold off until N12. I know the schedule issue is a pretty big deal, and I know a lot of people are going to be disappointed it's not listed here.
As usual, you are bringing a lot of backgound, insight and common sense to the party...

Well said!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2010, 06:06 PM   #46
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

No Cpu Depth Chart fix??????????

well that settles it...this game again just has a season mode to me

Seeing a freaking safety at NT is a killer to me

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 09-03-2010, 06:18 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
No Cpu Depth Chart fix??????????

well that settles it...this game again just has a season mode to me

Seeing a freaking safety at NT is a killer to me
Is the issue really that common? I ask because word of that issue alone has kept me from starting a dynasty mode.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:25 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 3
Its about time.

In Season Progression!!!!

No more clairvoyant cornerbacks knowing the route before the break!

Kickers who can kick!

Awareness! There have been way too many ******** players!

I'm so excited!!!!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »