Home

For those who play on the Heisman Level, Is the CPU FG glitch killing you as well

This is a discussion on For those who play on the Heisman Level, Is the CPU FG glitch killing you as well within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2010, 05:42 AM   #1
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15
For those who play on the Heisman Level, Is the CPU FG glitch killing you as well

I can't beleive that people who play the game on this level aren't making a huge deal of this. This ruins the game and of course its not mentioned on update. How can you release a game where the fg logic is broken, every time the the cpu has a chance it will attempt 56 to 63 yard fg's totally destroying football logic and ruining the game for me. You make a stop and think here comes the punt team, but nope here comes another 60 yard fg, If this is not addressed I will offically give up on this game, sadly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2010, 09:06 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: For those who play on the Heisman Level, Is the CPU FG glitch killing you as well

I played a season on Heisman and went back to AA. But I can say in that season I almost never saw this, and on AA I don't see it at all. It doesn't seem like a huge deal though. You have a FG Power slider (not sure if that impacts the logic of them kicking or not) and if all else fails, a FG Return formation that turns that really long kick into basically a punt.

To me it seems like a minor annoyance more than a game-breaking issue.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:23 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: For those who play on the Heisman Level, Is the CPU FG glitch killing you as well

^May I ask why you switched from Heisman to AA? I've been playing AA up to year 2014 in my dynasty and have finally moved up to Heisman
Terps

GT "Bigdiesel06"
Old 09-05-2010, 12:31 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecooper
I played a season on Heisman and went back to AA. But I can say in that season I almost never saw this, and on AA I don't see it at all. It doesn't seem like a huge deal though. You have a FG Power slider (not sure if that impacts the logic of them kicking or not) and if all else fails, a FG Return formation that turns that really long kick into basically a punt.

To me it seems like a minor annoyance more than a game-breaking issue.
This is my view, I just adjust the CPU fg power slider so that they are only able to make realistic fg's. Although this will not effect the CPU fg logic, as mentioned above I just use it as a punt and do not ever take it past the 20.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:13 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airmaxpenny1
^May I ask why you switched from Heisman to AA? I've been playing AA up to year 2014 in my dynasty and have finally moved up to Heisman
Basically because Heisman was annoying the crap out of me. My speedy halfback was getting run down by d-linemen with speed ratings 20 points lower. The other teams' running backs would break 3-4 tackles on a single run - sometimes they'd just run into a scrum in the middle of the field, wait for all my guys to fall down, and then take it in for a TD. Things like that. I'm all for making the CPU more competitive but preferably by improving the AI, not by just juicing them. Instead I went back to AA, adjusted my sliders, and started a new dynasty with a worse team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2010, 12:17 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 16

It hasnt killed the game for me. I have moved FG powert down to 5 for user/comp and yeh they do attempt redic FG still but its cool when a big time kicker comes out and nails a 55 yarder compared to your average kicker missing one from 45.

2K sports...the only place where such things as errors can be "over looked" while making a baseball game.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:23 PM   #7

Deegeezy's Arena

Anything outside of 55 yards, you should probably call FG Block Return and treat it like a punt. Is it fake that the CPU will get a missed 60 yard field goal on their stats?" Yes. But at least this helps fix the sim aspect of the situation.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 09-08-2010, 10:44 PM   #8
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Anything outside of 55 yards, you should probably call FG Block Return and treat it like a punt. Is it fake that the CPU will get a missed 60 yard field goal on their stats?" Yes. But at least this helps fix the sim aspect of the situation.
That makes sense, but the fact that they can't or won't fix this is kind of a joke. Those are good ideas on field goal return idea, but what about when the field goal comes up just short of the crossbar, and just over your returner's head. You then get the ball at mid field. Basic game play logic for the AI should not be an issue, this has been done correctly since last gen. So why is it jacked up now. It can't be that hard for them to fix this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »