Home

Magic CPU Super-Sim Plays

This is a discussion on Magic CPU Super-Sim Plays within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2010, 08:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Magic CPU Super-Sim Plays

By year two of my dynasty, I usually get sick of playing D and just super-sim until I'm on offense. Lately, I've been encoutering some of the crazy stuff listed below.

Some of these were in games in which I was actually trying, some were in games in which I was seeing how common the Super-Sim screwed me over.

Let me know if this is happening to anyone besides me...
  • 48-41 game with 1:23 to go in the 4th quarter. I'm using Michigan against Iowa, 3rd and 37 (sacks and penalties on Iowa's part) from their own 5. FB Brett Morse rips off a run of, conveniently, 38 yards.
  • 21-10 game with :45 to go in the first half. Ball on Boise State's own 20. Super-sim, look at that, Kellen Moore breaks an 80 yard run on the first play.
  • 21-0, 1:38 in the 1st quarter. I pin TCU at their own 1 yard line and play until 4th down. Super Sim, 109 Fumble return for a TD by their PUNTER. I looked at the stats later. Apparently, Obi Ezeh blocked their punt and the punter grabbed it in the back of the endzone and ran it the length of the field.
These are just the incidents I can think of off the top of my head...pisses me off. I love this game otherwise, but I cannot stand this.
Yup, broke my PS3 controller 2 weeks ago. Threw it against the leg of my couch. It was the combination of Andrew Luck throwing picks left and right against UCLA, and my friends blowing up my phone to bring pong balls to someone's house... smh

Florida Gators
Chicago Cubs
Manchester United FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2010, 09:44 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Magic CPU Super-Sim Plays

i gave up supersimming defense. too many times the CPU goes 80-90 yards in 1 or 2 plays.

when I'm testing sliders, I typically test with a power vs a cake, medium vs medium, power vs power, and medium vs power.

one of the power vs cake's I use is Florida vs EMU...the last set I tested, EMU got 558 yards and 51 pts against Florida using super sim. 324 passing, 234 rushing...and they only ran 19 plays total!!!!!!
Old 09-04-2010, 10:16 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Some games I have that kind of thing happen, and sometimes it's the opposite. Iowa State vs. Texas. My Super-Sim D holds Texas to 73 total yards and forces 9 turnovers. Then it's a blowout and just isn't fun. I don't want it to give the game to me, I just want it to be realistic. I've always been a big NCAA football gamer but I've never touched sliders...might have to look into that.

Another thing that bugs me: I always Super-Sim to next Possession, not play-by-play. But if I kickoff and the other team fumbles it and I recover it, it counts that as one possession change and simulates to the next kickoff. So I've had 3 or 4 times where I'd supersim and they'd fumble the kick, but then it'd keep simming and I'd go 3 and out with -20 yards and miss a 40 yard field goal.

Unrelated to supersim: I also hate that I can throw a ball to a receiver running a drag route and it will pass right in front of him without him even reaching for it. Or, better yet, I'll throw it deep to a guy that's wide open (my Dynasty right now is with Michigan and this ALWAYS happens to Junior Hemingway) and the ball will hit his hands and he'll tip it 3 or 4 times until it hits the turf. And I almost always user catch.
Yup, broke my PS3 controller 2 weeks ago. Threw it against the leg of my couch. It was the combination of Andrew Luck throwing picks left and right against UCLA, and my friends blowing up my phone to bring pong balls to someone's house... smh

Florida Gators
Chicago Cubs
Manchester United FC
Old 11-17-2010, 10:26 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Revo-
The best thing to do is once you score sim to next play for the PAT and then for the kickoff, that way if there is a fumble, you can play the your next poss. That's what I do, now, because what you said had been happening to me far too often.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:35 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

That's why I.....wait for it....wait for it...PLAY DEFENSE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2010, 10:25 AM   #6
Rookie

sleepyeagle's Arena

OVR: 3

I used to supersim my defense, but I stopped because when you supersim, the other team rarely uses any clock time. It just feels like it takes soooo much longer to play a game and it skews the time of possession.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »