Home

Depth Chart - am I missing something?

This is a discussion on Depth Chart - am I missing something? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2010, 10:38 PM   #9
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Depth Chart - am I missing something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtotha9s
I've been asking for extra depth chart slots for years.....we need 85 man rosters with 5 deep depth charts...and we need seperate depths, depending on what defense the team runs....ie 4-2-5 needs more safety spots....we should be able to change the defensive scheme right at the depth chart screen as well
85 man rosters isn't going to happen on this gen. That's increasing the rosters by 21%, and they've said they can't do that. More depth chart slots (and maybe an option for more specific depth charts, allowing for x, y, and z receivers, sam and will LB's, NT's, etc) would be great though.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:08 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
85 man rosters isn't going to happen on this gen. That's increasing the rosters by 21%, and they've said they can't do that. More depth chart slots (and maybe an option for more specific depth charts, allowing for x, y, and z receivers, sam and will LB's, NT's, etc) would be great though.
Why cant they though? Wouldnt it just be a bigger save file? I call bs on not being able to do it on this gen of consoles. On disc it couldnt be that much. Hell if thats the problem, have "extended" 85 man default rosters (numbers only no names) as part of a tuner pack available on release.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:13 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

And another thing, for those that say the 70 man roster isnt a problem, bull****. When certain teams are very senior heavy (or even junior heavy as easily as some freaking players go pro early) at certain positions, recruiting and depth can be MAJORLY screwed for some teams. Certain freshman or even sophmores that are believed by EA to not be important are routinely omitted from teams. This can really screw you at positions like WR, OL, or CB where a lot of players play and only so many roster spots are available for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2010, 12:39 AM   #12
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfRed75
Why cant they though? Wouldnt it just be a bigger save file? I call bs on not being able to do it on this gen of consoles. On disc it couldnt be that much. Hell if thats the problem, have "extended" 85 man default rosters (numbers only no names) as part of a tuner pack available on release.
cause thats calling for 1500 extra players to be made. and that takes space
Old 09-07-2010, 02:32 AM   #13
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
It's not just the save file. For one, it'd have to ship with the disc. For two, you'd have to rewrite the logic of how a cpu manages rosters (though this may not be a bad idea either). You also then have to massively increase the number of incoming recruits. You'd have to add the logic for only being able to dress so many players per game, and have to have a way to manage that, because asking the game to keep track of 30 more players per game is a lot to ask. Adam has said one here before it took a lot for them to get up to 70 players. It might be easier for them to add FCS schools, and I don't see that happening either.

All in all, it's not as simple as just adding the players. That's the problem sometimes on here, people think it should be simple to add things without considering all the other things that would have to be done for it to work.

Quote:
And another thing, for those that say the 70 man roster isnt a problem, bull****. When certain teams are very senior heavy (or even junior heavy as easily as some freaking players go pro early) at certain positions, recruiting and depth can be MAJORLY screwed for some teams. Certain freshman or even sophmores that are believed by EA to not be important are routinely omitted from teams. This can really screw you at positions like WR, OL, or CB where a lot of players play and only so many roster spots are available for.
I'm not saying it's unimportant. I think it'd be fantastic. I'd love to have the more realistic recruiting, redshirting, and overall roster management this would provide. I'm just saying expecting it any time soon isn't realistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
cause thats calling for 1500 extra players to be made. and that takes space
That's a big part of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »