Home

Most annoying commentary

This is a discussion on Most annoying commentary within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2010, 06:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Most annoying commentary

So I'm playing my Dynasty with The []_[]. I'm in my 4th season ranked #3 in the polls and I'm facing Western Kentucky University opening week. ...Western Kentucky University!!! Of course it's a blow out. I win 77-3. The games over and Kirk's asked his impressions and he says....wait for it...."I thought these two teams were evenly matched coming into this game." ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME?!!! The University of Miami & Western Kentucky University are evenly matched? I wanna punch something every time I hear him say that about an obviously over matched team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2010, 06:25 PM   #2
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Most annoying commentary

I'm pretty sure this happens pretty much every game. I don't think I've ever heard him say "Honestly, the other team sucks, so they should've won by 80." Oh well.

The other day I played a game that I won by 10 points and he threw out the old "I thought these two teams were evenly matched blah blah blah... so the fact that they won by such a large margin is a bit of surprise." Ten points is a large margin? Mmkay, Kirk.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:27 PM   #3
Rookie

Starfleeter's Arena

OVR: 4

Yeah, I've noticed that too. Every game, Kirk thinks both team could have won it. It's very frustrating and annoying to hear the same commentary after every game. I beat Michigan with SDSU and there wasn't even a comment about an upset when Michigan was ranked #15.

Oh well, guess we'll have to wait for this to be fixed next year. I hope they make better commentary for before/after bowl games too. It's essentially the same as a normal game except both teams run out of helmets, there is a fly by, a comment about the bowl you're in and at the end, there is flying red white and blue confetti. Woop dee doo.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:34 PM   #4
Rookie

Sydeburnz's Arena

OVR: 5

What's the point .. I would hazard a guess that 98% of the players press the A button repeatedly until the ball is about to be hiked again.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:46 PM   #5
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm surprised more people don't do like I did and turn the commentary completely off and turn up stadium sounds.

The commentary in this game is embarrassingly brutal. It pains the ears. Talk about mailing it in, Herbie and Brad. You make Tom Hammond sound like a symphony.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2010, 10:37 PM   #6
Rookie

twigstudios's Arena

OVR: 7

We need new broadcast teams and new INTELLIGENT dialogue. Yes I said teams, plural. One of the things I so enjoyed about the presentation of NCAA Basketball 10 is the fact that there were two different broadcast teams. CBS and ESPN. So lets incorporate the parent company ABC.

College Gameday should start off the dynasty weeks with previews and Halftime (ala NCAA 2K8) Chris Fowler-Lee Corso-Desmond Howard

Thursday games should have Rece Davis-Craig James/Jesse Palmer
Saturdays afternoon games should have Sean MCDonough-Matt Millen
Saturday night Big Games/BCS should have Brent Musburger-Kirk Herbstriet
Erin Andrews can sideline report all of them (She doesn't do much on the game anyway)

Now I know EA is not going to pay all these people this is just wishful thinking on my part.

I would also like to see the current gen game go back to the lower tier non-televised games that get no announcers like in the PS2 version.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:07 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

@ twigstudios
Yeah I hate the fact that when playing Western Kentucky in a regional broadcast I got the "A" team broadcasting it. Even ranked 3rd there should've been no broadcasting. The different broadcasting teams is a good idea. Maybe instead of differing teams on certain days they can go with an A/B team format depending more on the broadcast exposure. Sean & Matt can do the regional games and Brent & Kirk the National ones. Then they'd only have to pay two more people and get more of a variety in commentating. Wishful thinking I guess but one they should definitely consider. I swear last years was better and that wasn't so good either. I'm going to try life without the commentary like Spanky does because the rage I experience when they make that statement is like when the Hulk see's the Army coming. It ain't healthy at all. lol
Old 09-08-2010, 05:44 AM   #8
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Did you know that Reeces are a perfect blend of peanut butter and chocolate?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »