Home

Patch #3 Gameplay Only Discussion

This is a discussion on Patch #3 Gameplay Only Discussion within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2010, 11:44 AM   #17
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Patch #3 Gameplay Only Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver281gt
Will this patch update our online dynasties also or is it one of those that only work if you start a new dynastie??
The patch takes effect immediately. You do not have to restart the dynasty. However, initial recruit ratings are set at the beginning of the year (as soon as recruits are generated) so you won't notice any change to them until the next year of your dynasty. Just keep playing.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:50 AM   #18
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

I want to know how deadly mobile QB's are now. Will mobile QB's end up with 50 yards plus rushing from scrambling ? Meaning do you actually have to use QB spy plays now ?

So if I am playing against Ohio St, VT, Michigan, Washington their QB's will take off on me when they see an open running lane now ?
Old 09-08-2010, 11:52 AM   #19
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I want to know how deadly mobile QB's are now. Will mobile QB's end up with 50 yards plus rushing from scrambling ? Meaning do you actually have to use QB spy plays now ?

So if I am playing against Ohio St, VT, Michigan, Washington their QB's will take off on me when they see an open running lane now ?
I played against VT and Tyrod never took off once last night. Of course, they were pounding the ball down my throat and he didn't throw very much.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:56 AM   #20
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Thanks for the impressions everyone. The patch sounds excellent.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:03 PM   #21
Rookie

hitmanwa's Arena

OVR: 5

I like the patch, use PM's sliders though.

Played 4 games last night. Started a new Dynasty with UT so I played Rice, Wyoming, UCLA and OU. Most games went as expected. Beat rice 37-7. I ran the ball a lot and got 200 yards at about 5.3 per clip. 2 backs with 100 or more. I didn't throw the ball much, didn't need to but blocking was solid and I could move around in the pocket some. No sacks, a few hurries but that was it.

Wyoming was a blowout. 50+ to 0 I think. I tried to stay about 50-50. Ran and passed our of trips formations. Threw for 3 TDs and 0 Picks. Not much to report on this game.

UCLA things got tougher it was tied 7-7 at the half and I was getting rushed. Threw 2 picks but I ran the ball effectively. The boot leg PAs seemed to work well as long as I ran the ball and set it up. In the second half I settled down with some easy completions and ran the ball as much as I could on 1st and 2nd down. Again I was averaging 4-5 yards a carry. Some more some less. Took some tackles for losses and a sack or 2. I pulled away and won 31-21.

OU was hell. They jumped up 21-0 and I threw 3 picks in the first half alone. They were pinning their ears back and rushing me as I was always 3rd and long. By half time it was 35-14. with 3 picks and several sacks. Again, second half I had to buckle down. I moved to trips formations with Slot Strong so I could get a rhythm going. Drag routes with my big WR over the middle and trying to break some tackles. Coverage was pretty good so It was hard to hit slants and posts over the middle. They played a lot of cover 2 but I was over throwing some balls and I just wasn't confident I could complete those passes. I got 2 TDs in the 3rd and held them to make it 35-28. 4th qtr was a shoot out and I made a 2pt conversion to win with 10 seconds left. Heck of game.

Anyhow, this is just what I saw, which I liked. Running game seemed solid. Pass CPU pass rush was solid vs a good team (OU). Coverage seemed good to me. I had to really work the field to complete passes. I got down early so I couldn't run much and they stayed in Pass D most of the game. Obviously didn't run any PA in the OU game but it seemed to work ok in the other games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2010, 12:05 PM   #22
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Can someone please play the game on AA and give some impressions. So far AA has been pretty easy this year, but maybe the patch upped the difficulty level.

I only got to play a few minutes on default heisman last night and saw a big increase in pass blocking. I was Cincinnati and I played a FCS generic team and my d-line got dominated.

With having all day to throw plus man coverage being loosened up this did create "ROBO QB."

I also had plenty of time to throw the ball on my end as well and the passing game was really easy for me. 3 passes, 3 touchdowns.

I'm going to get more gameplay in tonight. I'm going to make slider changes to both pass coverage, and defensive line pass rush.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:06 PM   #23
Pro

Scrapps's Arena

OVR: 14

What are everyone's thoughts regarding pass coverage?

I only played one game post patch, and it was an absolute disaster. Pre-patch, zone converage was absolutely useless. Therefore, my only reasonable option was to play man. However, in my one game last night, I was absolutely torched by Cal's qb (Beau Sweeney, I think) who is rated an 80. He was 27 for 33 for 343 yards. Tossed 4 touchdowns with no interceptions. The coverage (both man and zone) was absolutely awful. On most occasions, there wasn't a db/lb within five yards of the intended wr/te.
Could it have just been a coincidence?
Old 09-08-2010, 12:17 PM   #24
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapps
What are everyone's thoughts regarding pass coverage?

I only played one game post patch, and it was an absolute disaster. Pre-patch, zone converage was absolutely useless. Therefore, my only reasonable option was to play man. However, in my one game last night, I was absolutely torched by Cal's qb (Beau Sweeney, I think) who is rated an 80. He was 27 for 33 for 343 yards. Tossed 4 touchdowns with no interceptions. The coverage (both man and zone) was absolutely awful. On most occasions, there wasn't a db/lb within five yards of the intended wr/te.
Could it have just been a coincidence?
Like I said after only 1 quarter of play it was tied 21-21 and this was a FCS team I was playing against, lol.

Man coverage seemed very weak. So I highly suggest upping pass coverage for both human and cpu. The good thing is I didn't see DB's mirror routes anymore and run the route better then the reciever's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »