Home

Patch #3 Gameplay Only Discussion

This is a discussion on Patch #3 Gameplay Only Discussion within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2010, 01:27 AM   #241
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Patch #3 Gameplay Only Discussion

@rudyjuly2: hadnt been able to play much, but here's one. I'll get a better tomorrow where I'll spend more time playing.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2010, 01:27 AM   #242
Banned

MrHyde's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
The cpu still runs the spread option horribly. I hope next year they either fix this (heck, fix it this year in a tuning file by boosting the cpu run blocking on those plays) by letting cpu OL hold their blocks longer on option plays or give us a separate slider for option run blocking. This is a huge part of college football and needs to be done better imo.
You have to have Rush Defense set to 0 period.Also CPU RB Abilty has to be at 70,Run Blocking at 55 and Tackling at 65.It works give it a try.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:50 AM   #243
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHyde
You have to have Rush Defense set to 0 period.Also CPU RB Abilty has to be at 70,Run Blocking at 55 and Tackling at 65.It works give it a try.
Yeah but then every under-center back turns into Emmitt Smith
Old 09-19-2010, 05:10 AM   #244
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHyde
I'm sure I could adjust my sliders more to have the cpu spread attack function better. But the problem is that it's so much worse than a pro style attack. You almost have to have two slider sets for the cpu. One slider set with massive boosts to the cpu running game for a spread team like Oregon or Michigan and a second one with moderate adjustments to boost the cpu running game for a conventional attack like Wisconsin or Bama.

Right now the game is very poorly balanced in this area. I'd love to see a tuning set boost the run blocking for option plays and shotgun runs and leave the conventional running plays alone. For a game that advertises 120 ways to win you would think the offensive styles would be more balanced.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »