Home

Patch #3 Gameplay Only Discussion

This is a discussion on Patch #3 Gameplay Only Discussion within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2010, 01:25 PM   #33
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Patch #3 Gameplay Only Discussion

so can anyone comment and let us know if we will still have to go into gameplan and change strip ball to conservative to keep the CPU from covering the ball up in the open field? Thanks!

Old 09-08-2010, 01:26 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
the recruits ratings are generated in the pre-season(or at least their range, letter grades). the new recruit ratings the patch + tuner has wont take effect until the next time recruits are generated. so the next pre-season.

So the letter greades wont reflect patch 3 in the next season? Only the very new guys will get the higer ratings. Basically anything already made wont make the cut to higher ratings.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:27 PM   #35
Rookie

Amp98's Arena

OVR: 1

I've only played one game post patch. I play on AA and before playing I reset my sliders back to their defaults. I thought the pass coverage overall was much better than before. Zone works a lot better and I didn't notice that big of a drop off in how well man coverage works.

I agree with those who are saying the Human running is much harder. I really struggled running the ball. The CPU was blowing up everything. If they didn't get me in the backfield I was maybe picking up 3 yards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2010, 01:51 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 34

For online players.

I cant stress enough the importance of paying attention to your man coverage, zone coverage, and press coverage ratings now.

Your good man and press-man people are still going to be able to cover.

The guys who I have played so far who are struggling, are the chumps who have just been lining up in man, without any thought, since release week.

Your LB's arent going to be able to cover backs and TE's anymore, if they dont have the skills, period.

I played a guy last night who I beat 21-10 who insisted on playing press coverage with a team full of CBs with press ratings in the 70's (Stanford).

I play mostly a zone/zone blitz scheme, so I have gotten pretty good at controlling my middle zones..with man sprinkled in, if and when it is appropriate.

The QB containment works as before, and the jump the snap feature is no longer a cartoonish, every down, circus.

Your DL's will jump the snap in more realistic, football situations.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:03 PM   #37
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

You can't use the DL aggressive setting. You will still get drawn offsides basically everytime if the other guy fake snaps. And worse, once you get one offsides, then your guys will continue to jump even if you change the gameplan to balanced or conservative. You have to call timeout to get them to stop.

So the "jump the snap" thing doesn't work, which is going to make pass pressure difficult to generate without an overload blitz.

My issue isn't so much with man coverage. It's with zone coverage that doesn't work the way it should, and the fact that QBs still appear to be extremely accurate, especially on deep and intermediate throws.

Last edited by rhombic21; 09-08-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:05 PM   #38
Rookie

razcan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
You can't use the DL aggressive setting. You will still get drawn offsides basically everytime if the other guy fake snaps. And worse, once you get one offsides, then your guys will continue to jump even if you change the gameplan to balanced or conservative. You have to call timeout to get them to stop.

So the "jump the snap" thing doesn't work, which is going to make pass pressure difficult to generate without an overload blitz.
Sounds good to me. That is how it should be. What would be the point of not setting it to aggressive if there was no penalty? I'd get pissed if you couldn't counter an aggressive line.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:16 PM   #39
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

Perhaps, but realistically, DL on aggressive was closer to how the defensive line should play. As it is now, you almost never get any real pressure with the front 4, which magnifies the coverage issues.

From an offense-defense balance, the game was better when you could just set it on aggressive all game.

At the very least though, the glitch where one offsides leads to continuing offsides needs to be fixed. As it is, I can't even really gamble with it to try and use it selectively.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:18 PM   #40
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21

My issue isn't so much with man coverage. It's with zone coverage that doesn't work the way it should, and the fact that QBs still appear to be extremely accurate, especially on deep and intermediate throws.
Offline you can use DL agressiveness and it is money. You may get a couple offside penalties but you will see you're players get much better pass rush plus I've noticed it helps stop the run.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »