Home

In Season Progression

This is a discussion on In Season Progression within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2010, 03:37 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: In Season Progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
i "can" go home and vacuum the living room. not for all the tea in china am i going to.
However,you cannot go and grab all the tea in China, and then vacuum the living room.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:49 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 31

I have simmed over 7 seasons and not seen a (+1) or anything on a single player. No progression at all. Period.

If in-season progression only works for users who play the games, then thats terrible.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:37 PM   #19
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
I have simmed over 7 seasons and not seen a (+1) or anything on a single player. No progression at all. Period.

If in-season progression only works for users who play the games, then thats terrible.
Yeah its poor design, plain and simple.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:10 PM   #20
Rookie

EZ Esquire's Arena

OVR: 1

I don't mind if it only progresses the user's team.

It seems like a waste to progress all the computer controlled teams. Why progress players on a bunch of teams you will never play.

The gains are minimal anyway.

Even if you played against Utah in a bowl game you want a few players on that team to have a small bonus that really is not going greatly change the outcome. You want their DE to be a 85 instead of an 84.

It seems like a lot of work just to satisfy a small need.

The gains are a small reward for you, the user, performing above the normal level for those few players you control.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:18 PM   #21
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ Esquire
I don't mind if it only progresses the user's team.

It seems like a waste to progress all the computer controlled teams. Why progress players on a bunch of teams you will never play.

The gains are minimal anyway.

Even if you played against Utah in a bowl game you want a few players on that team to have a small bonus that really is not going greatly change the outcome. You want their DE to be a 85 instead of an 84.

It seems like a lot of work just to satisfy a small need.

The gains are a small reward for you, the user, performing above the normal level for those few players you control.
I dont necessairly think its a lot of work since it was in last years game. I guess its how they presented in season progression as being "back" that made it seem like it was going to be like last year, but just more subtle.

However, its completly different then last year. Also they dont explain how it works.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2010, 05:20 PM   #22
NCAA Football 10 Designer

Russell_Kiniry_EA's Arena

OVR: 12

Few quick things about In Season Progression... got other stuff I'm looking into right now (360 update).

- Will work with Sim
- Will show in Edit Roster Screen
- Will NOT affect every player
- On average only 2-4 players per team will see a +1 in OVR gain
- Will change other attributes per position other than OVR
- Needs both the Tuner Pack and Title Update to work

All that being said Jordan is helping me look into as we speak to make sure everything got update correctly.

I can say 100% for sure everything was working here internally and was tested before we released the update, it is possible a number got missed (or lost) when the data went live. Keep in mind the LTP's are new tech so it is a possibility something got missed (not likely, but I want to be sure).

-Russ
Old 09-08-2010, 05:26 PM   #23
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
Few quick things about In Season Progression... got other stuff I'm looking into right now (360 update).

- Will work with Sim
- Will show in Edit Roster Screen
- Will NOT affect every player
- On average only 2-4 players per team will see a +1 in OVR gain
- Will change other attributes per position other than OVR
- Needs both the Tuner Pack and Title Update to work

All that being said Jordan is helping me look into as we speak to make sure everything got update correctly.

I can say 100% for sure everything was working here internally and was tested before we released the update, it is possible a number got missed (or lost) when the data went live. Keep in mind the LTP's are new tech so it is a possibility something got missed (not likely, but I want to be sure).

-Russ
Thanks Russ, I really appreciate the info! Things make much more sense now. I know you guys are working hard and I understand that there are so many different variables for something to go wrong.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:29 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Thanks Russ, appreciate the update. Good to hear it's being looked into, I'm curious if there is a limit to the number of tuners that can be released? So if you figure out that something was wrong, you can still release more tuners to get things taken care of, right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »