Home

Something that really bothers me about recruiting on the Internet

This is a discussion on Something that really bothers me about recruiting on the Internet within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2010, 06:20 PM   #1
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Something that really bothers me about recruiting on the Internet

You can't see the whether the players are JUCO transfers or just Freshmen.

I targeted several receivers online, thought they were freshmen, then I get into the actual game and look at them, they're all JUCO guys. Kinda screwed up my recruiting the whole season this year 1.

Another thing is that it doesnt tell you what rank a player is.....ie, a 5-star MLB who is the 2nd ranked MLB in the nation. It doesnt tell you anything.

I dont see why EA cant easily fix something like these two things to sync up with the game. Especially since they seem to be text based issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2010, 10:42 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Something that really bothers me about recruiting on the Internet

I hate that it constantly resets the server and cost me point/hours. lost at least 2 recruits that way.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:06 AM   #3
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
You can't see the whether the players are JUCO transfers or just Freshmen.

I targeted several receivers online, thought they were freshmen, then I get into the actual game and look at them, they're all JUCO guys. Kinda screwed up my recruiting the whole season this year 1.

Another thing is that it doesnt tell you what rank a player is.....ie, a 5-star MLB who is the 2nd ranked MLB in the nation. It doesnt tell you anything.

I dont see why EA cant easily fix something like these two things to sync up with the game. Especially since they seem to be text based issues.
I've run into this myself. Must admit, it was pretty frustrating when I went through online to find some guys that weren't be recruited heavily only to get on my console and see that they were So. and Jr. JUCO players.

Also another small quirk is that online it's displayed as a percentage that you're ahead or behind versus being the actual number on your console. Using a little bit of brain power though I did figure out that 1% point online equals 20pts on the console.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxdmx
I hate that it constantly resets the server and cost me point/hours. lost at least 2 recruits that way.
But THIS by far is THE WORST!

PSN: Sixty5South

Last edited by 65South; 09-10-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:51 PM   #4
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

i think there is a lot they can implement to the internet side with relative ease.

this is the first year for being able to do this, so i'm hoping it's just a basic version for starters.

i do all my recruiting from the pc regardless, it's really one of my favorite features of the game this year.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:10 PM   #5
The Print Guy

65South's Arena

OVR: 23

How do you keep it from resetting on you during your calls? Have you found anything to help reduce the chances that it happens? I just hate the uncertainty of recruiting online causing me to drop time especially when I need to get 60 mins in with a recruit or in the middle of a recruiting battle.

PSN: Sixty5South
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2010, 03:15 PM   #6
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65South
How do you keep it from resetting on you during your calls? Have you found anything to help reduce the chances that it happens? I just hate the uncertainty of recruiting online causing me to drop time especially when I need to get 60 mins in with a recruit or in the middle of a recruiting battle.
i've only dropped a call twice, granted i'm only in my 2nd season of recruting, but 10 games deep.

one thing i think happens is sometimes you pitch something and there is a delay, and in the midst of waiting for the internet to respond, click again, which i think confuses things, and causes a drop.

to that note, i lost connection to my dynasty several times today, none during a call however.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:17 PM   #7
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
i've only dropped a call twice, granted i'm only in my 2nd season of recruting, but 10 games deep.

one thing i think happens is sometimes you pitch something and there is a delay, and in the midst of waiting for the internet to respond, click again, which i think confuses things, and causes a drop.

to that note, i lost connection to my dynasty several times today, none during a call however.
Yeah, don't double click. That seems to be what causes it. Be sure you click something once and be patient to see if it loads, because it often takes some time to go to the next screen. If you click again during that period it will crash it.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:44 PM   #8
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxdmx
This is why I don't recruit online. I'd love to be able to do it, but it's too easy to waste an hour on a guy because of this.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »