Home

WTF!! Thought this was fixed?

This is a discussion on WTF!! Thought this was fixed? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2010, 04:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OkieTC's Arena

OVR: 4
WTF!! Thought this was fixed?

Was playing OU(me) vs. OSU in my dynasty. Nearly had the record for most receptions in a game when my WR is injured. It says he will be back soon. Of course, he never comes back and I can't sub him back in. He doesn't appear in the injury list. I guess he just disappeared?? Also, the cpu throws the stud QB I was redshirting in at WR. WTF?? It never asked if I wanted to pull his redshirt. I ended up quiting the game in the 4th quarter. Hated to waste a year of my QB for 1 play @ WR. When I came back later to replay game, my redshirt QB had lost his redshirt status! DUMB!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2010, 04:56 PM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: WTF!! Thought this was fixed?

• Your WR never came back because his fatigue level was below your "sub back in" auto sub setting for your WRs.
  • To prevent your QB from being subbed in @ WR, adjust your depth chart. Assuming that he's not in your WR 6 deep depth chart, then the reason he was subbed in was because your formation had more WRs in it than you had left on your 6-deep list due to either fatigue or injuries. If you see your QB in your formation @ WR from the play call list, then pause it and edit your depth chart to put some WRs that aren't in your 6-deep to replace the guys who are injured/tired.
  • Your QB will not lose his redshirt just because you put him in the game. The only way that he won't redshirt is if he gets any stats during the year. If he just ran routes but never caught a pass, pancaked anyone, made a tackle, etc, etc, then he will still redshirt.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 09-10-2010 at 04:57 PM. Reason: eye r teh gud spellar
Old 09-10-2010, 05:10 PM   #3
Rookie

OkieTC's Arena

I hope you are right. It does not list him as a reshirt anymore. I checked and he doesn't have any stats though. If I had noticed him in the play, I would have called TO and yanked him. Not used to seeing his number, so I didn't notice him.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:32 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
[*]Your WR never came back because his fatigue level was below your "sub back in" auto sub setting for your WRs.
I don't think this is true. It seems like a reasonable theory but I've had this happen to me 4-5 times and the guy never comes back in. I've had a few different star players sit out the entire 4th quarter. They never came back in, even after sitting on the bench for drive after drive and not even when I lowered my sub in number. I don't know exactly what the logic is, but there's some kind of bug with this.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:53 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecooper
I don't think this is true. It seems like a reasonable theory but I've had this happen to me 4-5 times and the guy never comes back in. I've had a few different star players sit out the entire 4th quarter. They never came back in, even after sitting on the bench for drive after drive and not even when I lowered my sub in number. I don't know exactly what the logic is, but there's some kind of bug with this.
The thing is that players get fatigued as they run plays, but also as the game goes on (which is realistic IMO). Because of that, guys won't get back up to 100% by the end of the game, even after sitting out for a while.

IE. a guy's fatigue may go like this for a HB throughout the game with your settings @ 80/90:
80 (gets subbed out)
90 (comes back in)
defense comes out so he rests
etc
starting the 4th quarter, the max he might get back to could be 89 as he's worn out from playing the whole game. If this 89 is lower than your "sub back in" setting (90 in this case) he'll never come back in because the only way to get back to 100% is to get to the next game.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2010, 06:15 PM   #6
Rookie

Goose26's Arena

OVR: 3

Your QB will lose his redshirt status once he plays a snap. He does not need to record a stat.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:31 PM   #7
Rookie

BoomerSooner420's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose26
Your QB will lose his redshirt status once he plays a snap. He does not need to record a stat.
QFT

I usually go straight to the injury list and depth chart as soon as I see an injury. Not because it can burn your redshirts, but because i don't want a DT coming in as a 5th WR or something. It's a dumb problem to have, but just take the extra minute to manage your roster when a starter gets hurt and it'll be fine.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:22 PM   #8
Rookie

JWO35's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose26
True

Normally if you try to sub in a Redshirt they will warn you he will no longer be a RS if you put him in(regardless of what he does on the field)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »