Home

online community: why so many cheesers?

This is a discussion on online community: why so many cheesers? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2010, 05:20 PM   #1
Rookie

browntowntiger's Arena

OVR: 2
online community: why so many cheesers?

one question and one question only.

Why does someone with such a severe lack of football knowledge go out and buy a football game?

i lied, question two.

Why does EA leave so many loopholes/exploits for these steaming dogpiles to take advantage of?

the online community for this game is horrible. 9/10 times i get a full blown cheeser. I swear they are so abundant in population they could be considered a species. So bad ive given up on the series in general. We all know the single player experience is dead beyond a full season. I tip my hat to you if you've found a successfully ran dynasty. Out of 5 tries, none have seen week 1. NCAA series will never be of quality for the offline portion to be enough for a buy. Online is the reason i buy games. This one's community is as horrible as the halo series.

Discuss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2010, 06:16 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: online community: why so many cheesers?

i don't see any besides the pump fake glitch. how are ppl cheesing?
Old 09-11-2010, 07:31 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

If you're looking for a legitimate online dynasty, PM me.

Lobby games are so hit or miss though. The good thing about the typical lobby cheeser is that they aren't very good at it and try doing the same thing over and over. I love the guys that pick teams with speed at QB, because they all try sprinting around and throwing but can easily be stopped.

The toughest thing for me to stop is a person with a legitimate under center rushing attack.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:41 PM   #4
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

I put the game down the whole time the pump fake glitch was rearing its head, but since the patch I've played 6 games and the only "cheeser" was a guy who ran 5 wide the whole time, which is at least borderline cheese. I still beat him though, so I really don't mind anything someone throws at me.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:55 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazer003
I put the game down the whole time the pump fake glitch was rearing its head, but since the patch I've played 6 games and the only "cheeser" was a guy who ran 5 wide the whole time, which is at least borderline cheese. I still beat him though, so I really don't mind anything someone throws at me.
I've been lucky lately too, not many cheesers. One guy who was running around with his QB as if he was Denard Robinson, trying to throw and then failing miserably.

It does help that I've gotten a bit more selective in who I face.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2010, 12:28 PM   #6
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Cheesers aren't necessarily hard to beat but they're annoying to face. We play for fun and cheesers take this out of the game.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:09 PM   #7
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
Cheesers aren't necessarily hard to beat but they're annoying to face. We play for fun and cheesers take this out of the game.
It is only frustrating for me if it's something new that I feel like I should be able to stop, but just can't figure out. I actually truly enjoy beating the cheesers almost as much as I enjoy a good solid competition.

Nothing beats a great game against an evenly matched opponent who plays straight though, win or lose.

What was really funny was there was a guy I played with a 22-4 record right after the patch came out, and almost the whole game he was trying to pumpfake glitch, and probably couldn't figure out why my D wasn't running head over heals back toward the QB. He quit before the half when I was up 25-0 (I had 3 TDs and two safeties. Ha Ha ha haha.)
Old 09-12-2010, 05:19 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Haven't played any real "cheesers" this year, but my definition may be much different that yours. I'm more concerned with "glitchers", "cheesing" is too subjective.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »