Home

Draft Class for Madden

This is a discussion on Draft Class for Madden within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2010, 06:53 PM   #1
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3
Draft Class for Madden

I was curious about my players being in the draft... I haven't played NCAA Football or Madden since 06 on Xbox. I got NCAA this year, and haven't decided on Madden for sure yet.

- So if my player goes pro early, will he be in the draft class? On the old game guys would go pro and not make the draft, which was stupid. So if I have an 80-overall go Pro, he will be in the draft class, right???

- Also, what is the rating cutoff, if I have an 85 senior quarterback or DE, will they be in the draft class. I'm hoping to see my players (building up a small school), even if they are 7th rounders or projected to be undrafted and are rated bad on Madden.

Thanx!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2010, 11:41 PM   #2
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Draft Class for Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoofrice11
I was curious about my players being in the draft... I haven't played NCAA Football or Madden since 06 on Xbox. I got NCAA this year, and haven't decided on Madden for sure yet.

- So if my player goes pro early, will he be in the draft class? On the old game guys would go pro and not make the draft, which was stupid. So if I have an 80-overall go Pro, he will be in the draft class, right???

- Also, what is the rating cutoff, if I have an 85 senior quarterback or DE, will they be in the draft class. I'm hoping to see my players (building up a small school), even if they are 7th rounders or projected to be undrafted and are rated bad on Madden.

Thanx!!!
I don't have Madden 11 but have had Madden every year, but 08, since EA added the draft classes. So here is my answers to your questions.

1) Just because he goes pro does not mean he will be in the draft class. There will be a cut off. Unless your 80 overall player is in the top 10-20 at his position then he would not show up. I know in years past you would never see a 80ovr player in the class but with the lowered ratings then who knows.

2) Not sure on the cut off. I know with the old rating system I never saw a player rated less then 88ovr in NCAA end up in the Madden draft class. Go to the edit roster menu and change the team to NCAA. Then go to the player in questions position and see if they are in the top 10 overalls for that position. If they are then I would say you will see them make it but if not then they are just not good enough. There is always the CFL or UFL. In years past 85ovr would be way to low but once again with the lower ratings then who knows.

Madden 10 was the first time I didn't use the NCAA draft classes. The preloaded drafts are fun to use. There are some real studs and you can edit the players names so you could make your own draft classes. Well atleast you could in Madden 10.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:41 AM   #3
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

Man that stinks that EA still hasn't fixed this. If a guy goes pro, then he should be a Madden prospect. That's stupid he disapears completely!

In real life their are Tons of prospects. Guys from small schools that run a 4.2 or 4.3 get drafted even if they "wouldn't be rated a high". Too bad Madden doesn't make more effort and include tons of prospects. The only reason I would get Madden is to draft my guys after they graduate from NCAA and since I start out smaller, it sounds like most won't make it even as a low prospect .
Old 09-12-2010, 05:16 PM   #4
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

Anyone that has done it on this years game have any more answers???

Thanx.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:14 PM   #5
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoofrice11
Anyone that has done it on this years game have any more answers???

Thanx.
Since EA made very little changes to Madden this year I think you have the answer. EA said they didn't touch the franchise mode so the draft class would not have changed. That is why the recruits are as bad as they were in NCAA this year. Madden left it up to the NCAA team to make the draft classes more like the Madden roster.
The draft class file can only have X number of players due to the space on Madden so guys get left out. It is not uncommon in real life for a kid to leave school early and not get drafted. Just because they leave does not mean they are a NFL player. In NCAA (the game) a player leaves early due to a huge season but Madden draft classes are based on ratings not performance.
I decided to not buy Madden this year because they repackaged Madden 10 with a few game play fixes and some new preloaded draft classes. Which is why I don't understand why NCAA had t lower player ratings to make better draft classes because the preloaded ones are full of great players with high ratings. Madden 12 is the year of the franchise or so EA has said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2010, 02:20 PM   #6
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
Since EA made very little changes to Madden this year I think you have the answer. EA said they didn't touch the franchise mode so the draft class would not have changed. That is why the recruits are as bad as they were in NCAA this year. Madden left it up to the NCAA team to make the draft classes more like the Madden roster.
The draft class file can only have X number of players due to the space on Madden so guys get left out. It is not uncommon in real life for a kid to leave school early and not get drafted. Just because they leave does not mean they are a NFL player. In NCAA (the game) a player leaves early due to a huge season but Madden draft classes are based on ratings not performance.
I decided to not buy Madden this year because they repackaged Madden 10 with a few game play fixes and some new preloaded draft classes. Which is why I don't understand why NCAA had t lower player ratings to make better draft classes because the preloaded ones are full of great players with high ratings. Madden 12 is the year of the franchise or so EA has said.
Well, I am only thinking about getting this game because I this is my 1st NCAA game for 360 and I don't plan on buying it next year. I just like importing and drafting my guys on Madden.

I know not everyone gets drafted, but at least hey have a chance to get drafted and they get signed, even if they don't make a team. But if a guy goes pro early, he should be there for me to have the option, and if it's from being good, he should be there. That's dumb they can't have extra players that are free agents, the nuber shouldn't take that much space.

I just wanted to make sure no-one has tried it this year and noticed if it is better or whatever...
Old 09-13-2010, 08:45 PM   #7
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

Also, how many per position is normal to make it to Madden.
Does anyone know or can you please check?

Thanx.
Old 09-15-2010, 02:48 PM   #8
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

Can anyone that has Madden this year check?

Thanx!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »