Home

Offline Co-op

This is a discussion on Offline Co-op within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2010, 06:29 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Offline Co-op

Anyone else play this way, by any chance? A buddy of mine and I have a dynasty together where we're on the same team. Been doing this for years, only usually its in Madden, but have done it in NCAA FB before.

Anyways... When you play co-op, on defense, the game (this year for some reason) does not show what offensive personnel the cpu has on the field, when you go to pick your defense!! So I am left guessing what to come out in (which I end up in something in a Nickel, to be safe). My question is, is there any workaround to this? I was thinking of letting the cpu pick the defense, but did that and it would still put me in a 4-3 when the cpu would come out in a 3 or 4 WR set. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2010, 04:34 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Offline Co-op

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverandblack
Anyone else play this way, by any chance? A buddy of mine and I have a dynasty together where we're on the same team. Been doing this for years, only usually its in Madden, but have done it in NCAA FB before.

Anyways... When you play co-op, on defense, the game (this year for some reason) does not show what offensive personnel the cpu has on the field, when you go to pick your defense!! So I am left guessing what to come out in (which I end up in something in a Nickel, to be safe). My question is, is there any workaround to this? I was thinking of letting the cpu pick the defense, but did that and it would still put me in a 4-3 when the cpu would come out in a 3 or 4 WR set. Thanks.
Been doing this since 09. It's great fun. About the playcalling issue, it's very disappointing to say the least. I posted this problem multiple times in the bugs/glitches thread and the general discussion thread. I also emailed EA discussing the problem and was hoping to have this fixed in a patch. Unfortunately it wasn't. It makes it much more difficult to call plays on defense. What me and my friend do is use what type of offense the CPU uses and use that as a gauge. I can't tell you how anry and disappointed I was after the first patch downloaded and this wasn't fixed.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:46 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmick4324
Been doing this since 09. It's great fun. About the playcalling issue, it's very disappointing to say the least. I posted this problem multiple times in the bugs/glitches thread and the general discussion thread. I also emailed EA discussing the problem and was hoping to have this fixed in a patch. Unfortunately it wasn't. It makes it much more difficult to call plays on defense. What me and my friend do is use what type of offense the CPU uses and use that as a gauge. I can't tell you how anry and disappointed I was after the first patch downloaded and this wasn't fixed.

You're not kidding!! We were disappointed as well. We've been doing this with any sports game I get, for years now!! Still think Hockey is the best, fluid game to play co-op, but football is definitely a close second. Nice to see someone else enjoying that style, as well.

I posted it in the glitches thread, too. Pretty sure there aren't too many people bothered by this bug, as we are definitely in the minority of players that play this way. Just seems ridiculous to have it in every year that i can remember, and then all of a sudden not have it. This kills you when its something like 3rd and 3 or 4yds. You come out ready to stuff the run, only to see the cpu trot out 4wr's!!! Ugh!!!
Old 09-12-2010, 10:35 PM   #4
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

yep same here...

luckily we use ask coach feature, because we don`t want to outcoach the cpu... but otherwise this could be a huge problem for us.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:46 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yes same issue here my Roommate and I have been playing co-op for years, too.

Have used every channel of communication I can to report it too.

Hopefully something that can be fixed with tuners?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2010, 10:58 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

It kind of sucks too on 4th and short. We've started to learn the tendencies of the CPU and when they go for it on 4th down. But I can't remember how many timeouts we've burned when we came out in Punt Return only to have the CPU go for it.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:00 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yeah we have gotten to the point where we go in defense and just take a safety back deep to catch the punt, and fair catch it.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:14 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeseChiarlo
Yeah we have gotten to the point where we go in defense and just take a safety back deep to catch the punt, and fair catch it.

we do that too, as ridiculous as that sounds to HAVE to do.

Booker, we have tried the ask coach mode, but it still seemed to suggest defensive plays with the wrong personnel to match up with the cpu, at times.

I'd be happy at this point, if that were a 100% workaround, but its not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »