Home

Husker fans: What playbook do you use?

This is a discussion on Husker fans: What playbook do you use? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2010, 03:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Husker fans: What playbook do you use?

Now that Nebraska's real offensive playbook is quite a bit different from the one on the game, what playbook have you started using on NCAA 11? I've tried a lot of different things, and one I like is LSU. Any recommendations?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2010, 04:30 PM   #2
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Husker fans: What playbook do you use?

i use the Nebraska playbook. sometimes i'll switch up to the one back.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:13 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Still use Nebraska's playbook. I might try Oregon's, Michigan's, or Wake Forest's but running the zone read in this game is still frustrating to say the least. That and T-Mart would take some major editing.

Maybe if EA had one of their stupid *** "linked" plays tied to the zone read it would work.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:17 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 9

Nebraska's in game book isn't representative of what we run at all.

When I am Nebraska, I run a full blown spread with either Louisville's playbook or Mississippi State's playbook. From time to time I run Wake Forest's book. Neither of which are really representative of what we run either, but that is what I know best and what I feel works best.

This year with TMagic, we are running mostly gun but it is all pretty basic. The thing we seem to be doing a lot is some motions as well as Shotgun with the back offset a few yards back. Because of that, Shotgun Spread Flex is usually the one formation I make sure to have in a book.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:46 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I like using TCU's playbook. A few QB called runs, a few option pitches, and some short passes with crossing routes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2010, 10:50 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

i'm using the multiple playbook and liking it a lot.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:07 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon12 Re: Husker fans: What playbook do you use?

I use the Multiple playbook as well with NU, and I love it. It isn't terrible representative of the offense we have been running (because we certainly don't run any wishbone or flexbone) but it lets me do all the things I want to do with the team: pound the rock with Helu and Burkhead, and then spread people out in the shotgun to hit the Adjustor and Curenski on underneath routes. The only formation I really miss from the standard NU playbook is the Tackle Over, but running a strong I with the receivers on the same side accomplishes much the same thing, usually.

If you are going for realism, I suppose you are looking for something with zone reads, passes to the halfbacks, and something that will let Niles Paul fumble the ball an ungodly amount.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:03 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I started a new dynasty with patch 3, downloaded romancaesar's roaster and did a little editing of Martinez's stats (nothing super unrealistic) and I primarily use NE's playbook, however I do like to use the Multiple play book also, even though as stated previously we don't run a wishbone or flexbone, but it does have wildcat and some nice shotgun formations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »