Home

Can't fair catch a punt?

This is a discussion on Can't fair catch a punt? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2010, 05:57 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Can't fair catch a punt?

I can't fair catch a punt. I coach only the rest of the game, including auto passing. Is there a way to have my returner fair catch a punt, maybe a setting I can adjust?

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2010, 06:43 PM   #2
Pro

Pielet's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Can't fair catch a punt?

You have to select the returner in order for him to fair catch (triangle I believe to fair catch).
Old 09-12-2010, 09:01 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pielet
You have to select the returner in order for him to fair catch (triangle I believe to fair catch).
That fixed it, thanks. No more fumbles on returns,
Old 09-12-2010, 09:41 PM   #4
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7

I've been having trouble with this, and always forget to make a thread, but here's a related one, so I'm going to hijack it. Sue me.

Does anybody else have a problem with calling a fair catch, even if you are controlling the returner? I hit the Y button to call it, but he just won't do the animation. It looks like he's getting stuck moving under the ball and just won't go into the fair catch animation. Now, sometimes the fair catch will be somehow called anyway. But other times it isn't, and about half the time it ends up in a fumble because I get slammed just as I catch (thus why I was trying to call a fair catch). I tried manually moving my returner into position and then pressing the fair catch button, and he'll do the animation, but if you move him before the catch, he almost always muffs the punt.

Is this just me, cause it's really frustrating and it seems like more people would be complaining about it. I was hoping it would be fixed in one of the patches, but it never was.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »