Home

Running it up???

This is a discussion on Running it up??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2010, 08:59 PM   #9
AMB
Banned

AMB's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Running it up???

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhm_williams
yea i hate seeing that little red reminder, especially since it shows up the second you pass in the second half with a sizeable lead. Like teams actually take a knee every play the second half of a blowout. Let the backup QB throw it a little bit!
Wouldn't that be nice if during a dynasty the computer would recognize its the 2nd string QB out there and not penalize you! Now this is EA so a little thing like that I would rather not have because it would take away the chance at another more important innovation.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:07 PM   #10
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

It'd be nice if you didn't get penalized in sure fire passing downs, if I'm up by 21, and I'm on 3rd and Long, let me attempt a pass, at least have a mechanic where the CPU can register if I'm doing a hail mary pass versus a little dump off.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:10 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMB
Wouldn't that be nice if during a dynasty the computer would recognize its the 2nd string QB out there and not penalize you! Now this is EA so a little thing like that I would rather not have because it would take away the chance at another more important innovation.

Ha good call, dont get EA thinking!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2010, 09:49 PM   #12
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhm_williams
Ha good call, dont get EA thinking!
True. They would just mess up something else

I think the AI of this unsportmanlike isn't very good. How do you turn it off? Can you?
Old 09-14-2010, 10:29 PM   #13
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7

You guys are some of the most unsportsmanlike jerks I've ever seen. Why would you be passing the ball in the 3rd quarter with your backup offense up by 21? Who cares if it's 3rd and 7 and you're trying to get your rookie QB some stats to increase his progression for the next season? Real teams don't do this. Real teams up by 3 scores in the 2nd half run halfback dives three times in a row and punt every possession. You're supposed to throttle back if the other team can't stop you. That's sportsmanship. That's football.

Wait, where's the sarcasm tag?
Old 09-14-2010, 11:07 PM   #14
Rookie

lil_taul's Arena

OVR: 2

i don't care. i can be up 40-3. im still gonna throw the ball and get -75 points everytime i throw it. i don't care
Old 09-14-2010, 11:27 PM   #15
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29

Someone a while back said this: They try to see how many negative points they can get in the sportsmanlike category...makes it a whole other game inside the game you're playing. Haha!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2010, 07:51 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 10

Ok, this is ridiculous.

This is a horribly implemented/coded feature (if you can call it that), I can understand throwing it on 1st/2nd, but i just got a -75 sportsmanship for a Weak side HB toss!! Really?!

Quote:
Someone a while back said this: They try to see how many negative points they can get in the sportsmanlike category...makes it a whole other game inside the game you're playing. Haha!
I'll try this from now on

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »