Home

Where is the true power running?

This is a discussion on Where is the true power running? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2010, 04:13 PM   #1
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7
Where is the true power running?

In this game the only times I have ever seen anything resemble a power runner are a few different animations. Such as the one where the RB appears to be stopped by a huge group of tacklers, but he breaks free...yet I have done that with Jeff Demps. Some runners are able to occasionally drag guys behind them. But other than that, the only way to run is by avoiding tacklers. What we have now is a far cry from the truck stick. A RB like Mark Ingram can go 1 on 1 with a DB and lose consistently. In reality he could throw him aside with his forearm. The only time a RB seems to be able to break a tackle on a guy in front of him is if he dips his shoulder really low...but the CPU is the only one that gets that choice. Stiff arms are useless, hitting up on the right stick doesn't do anything. My fullbacks look like a bunch of WRs out there against the linebackers.

How does one run with a power back?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2010, 04:21 PM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Where is the true power running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
In this game the only times I have ever seen anything resemble a power runner are a few different animations. Such as the one where the RB appears to be stopped by a huge group of tacklers, but he breaks free...yet I have done that with Jeff Demps. Some runners are able to occasionally drag guys behind them. But other than that, the only way to run is by avoiding tacklers. What we have now is a far cry from the truck stick. A RB like Mark Ingram can go 1 on 1 with a DB and lose consistently. In reality he could throw him aside with his forearm. The only time a RB seems to be able to break a tackle on a guy in front of him is if he dips his shoulder really low...but the CPU is the only one that gets that choice. Stiff arms are useless, hitting up on the right stick doesn't do anything. My fullbacks look like a bunch of WRs out there against the linebackers.

Try playing a game as Wisconsin. Clay is a freakin' beast and runs just like a power back should.

Also, the CPU isn't the only one that can dip their shoulder. You can do the same thing with the "truck" stick.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-14-2010, 04:30 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have had some success with power backs in '10 . Basically for the power running you are looking for I recruited backs like around 220 pounds with good trucking (for the rt stick) and good btk... To be fair I haven't really been able to recruit this type of player in '11, so I don't know if this still holds true.

These backs are few and far between so good luck finding them.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:36 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope

Stiff arms are useless? I don't think so. I go for the stiff arm all the time and it works as often as it should. Just last night I had a 50+ yard run for a touchdown online after I stiff armed the crap out of a CB in the open field.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:11 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 10

with respect to the OP; this game makes me want to recruit power backs cuz of how fun it is to blast teams with them
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2010, 07:15 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

What is even worse than little power moves is watching someone like Demps do a power move. How hard is it to have a small finesse back not stiff arm defensive tackles to the ground?
Old 09-14-2010, 08:12 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by herruberraschen
What is even worse than little power moves is watching someone like Demps do a power move. How hard is it to have a small finesse back not stiff arm defensive tackles to the ground?
This is the real problem. The power rushing game is great if you have a Clay-type back, running with him is just plain fun. However, the problem comes in when these tiny little scat-backs are running through the tackles of defensive linemen or just running safeties over.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:32 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

but one on one can a RB even flatten a DB like in previous years using the truck stick?has anyone seen this?I havent and would love to have it back in some fashion.

Last edited by Clinton56; 09-15-2010 at 09:46 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »