Home

if You were a coach of your favorite college what offense would you run?

This is a discussion on if You were a coach of your favorite college what offense would you run? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2010, 07:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
if You were a coach of your favorite college what offense would you run?

I would run a option based pistol offense that incorporates run n shoot and air raid concepts
what about you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2010, 07:48 PM   #2
Pro

blakty's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: if You were a coach of your favorite college what offense would you run?

My favorite college already runs a great offense as it is (Clemson). We're spread, but we come at you with power running and misdirection. They take shots down field and throw screens. It's everything I'd want to do if I was a coach.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:19 PM   #3
MVP

Buckeye's Arena

OVR: 38

I would go run first power. Maybe Pistol.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:22 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog1020
I would run a option based pistol offense that incorporates run n shoot and air raid concepts
what about you?
Maddog1020
Well i would try to create a offense that would be revoltionary that it would be a offense AHEAD of its time.

If you look at the high school football , college football and pro football there has been offenses that were ahead of their time like the run and shoot offense , west coast offense , A-11 offense , etc. and really if you were to be a coach at your favorite high school , at your favorite college and/or at your favorite pro football team it would be benefinacal to make a offense no one has seen before.

That way you would have a leg up on your competition and/or your rivals so in order for them to beat you they would have to adjust or make a defense that would contain , stop and/or put a end to your offense scheme.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:40 PM   #5
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Probably a conventional spread offense with a quick speedy back. The one difference is that exactly one receiver on every pas play will be the run n' shoot guy who has an option route.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2010, 10:43 PM   #6
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

A&M's pro style offense. It has some piston sprinkled in but I really dont use that.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:46 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
Probably a conventional spread offense with a quick speedy back. The one difference is that exactly one receiver on every pas play will be the run n' shoot guy who has an option route.
That's what I meant in the OP by run n shoot concept in the pistol and @ godlovesyou good point my pistol would not be seen before trust me
Old 09-15-2010, 10:56 PM   #8
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

A crazy idea I just had for a unique offense, is the six-wide offense. 4 O-lineman and 1 tight end line up where they usually do. 5 receivers spread out with a physical dual threat QB who can take a lot of hits. The QB reads the defense and decides whether to audible to a QB draw or motion a receiver to the backfield to either option or hand off. If he wants to pass then sometimes he may motion the tight end away from the o line and line up as a receiver to make the 6th wide receiver. The idea is that the defense will have to be running quarter or dime all game which will make the tight end covered by a DB 90% of the time. With some more thought to it I think this could be a very powerful and balanced offense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »