Home

NCAA Football 11 Blog: Live Tuning Pack 4

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Blog: Live Tuning Pack 4 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2010, 12:11 AM   #49
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NCAA Football 11 Blog: Live Tuning Pack 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDP3656backagain
Why cant they make a 55 overall player with 93 speed 90 agility and 88 acceleration, or something of the sort.
Because such a player would need a 40 in every skill rating to become a 55 OVR and therefore wouldn't be a legitimate football player.

Fact of the matter is that the most athletic prospects in high school are 3/4/5 star prospects. The ones who can actually play football on top of being athletes are automatically 4/5 star prospects.

EA hasn't taken the speed out of the game. They removed the previously absurd 95 SPD, 95 ACC, 95 AGI prospect with low skill ratings which every single 1/2 star team picked up to dominate the Alabama's, Florida's, etc. in dynasties.

I've used low to mid prestige programs and haven't had any problem finding speed. I don't get the best prospects in the world but these teams don't in real life either.

This is a case where you want to be given everything on a silver platter.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:13 AM   #50
Rookie

sluggbugg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDP3656backagain
"EA has a knack of doing stupid s**t to "make up" for something else. They KNOW that people will take advantage of the speed, but isnt that what they do IN REAL LIFE???? Speed kills. Why should EA take it out of our hands to try and balance things out. Its unrealistic as hell. Thus, making online dynasty unplayable."--

^You just made my point!
Yeah cause Troy beats Alabama by loading up with all those speed guys just roaming around out there in real life. Thats how real life works. lol The top tier guys go to the top tier programs. Thats the way the real world works. If you want to find a diamond in NCAA 2011 as a bottom feeder, you better be willing to dig through the rough. It doesn't come easy like in years past and thats the way it should be. It was too easy in the past and we got used to it. Thats the problem. Those speed guys were everywhere in the past. Very unrealistic.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:24 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 31

God I want to play my NCAA so bad!! Especially that college football is in full swing. But I cant, this games dynasty mode is just so brutally bad.

-CPU recruiting
-Pass Defense
-Conference Scheduling
-Stale progression which leads to the same schools always being at the top.
-Weird attribute ratings. High speeds and low accels.

Those things are just so bad and in need of a major overhaul, especially recruiting and how progression works.

Its nice to see them releasing tuning packages often, but they need to fix the glaring issues with their tuner packages.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2010, 04:33 AM   #52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggbugg
Yeah cause Troy beats Alabama by loading up with all those speed guys just roaming around out there in real life. Thats how real life works. lol The top tier guys go to the top tier programs. Thats the way the real world works. If you want to find a diamond in NCAA 2011 as a bottom feeder, you better be willing to dig through the rough. It doesn't come easy like in years past and thats the way it should be. It was too easy in the past and we got used to it. Thats the problem. Those speed guys were everywhere in the past. Very unrealistic.
This is true to a certain extent. The major problem is this game is the CPU AI Recruiting. I wish they would release a tuner that overhauls this.

-Top tier teams get too many JUCOS and walk ons bc they refuse to sign 25 players. I see top schools signing like 10 players. Then they take walk on o-lineman for example. Those lineman stay on the teams. You have teams like Ohio State and Oklahoma with 40s and 50s on their rosters. Not too mention the high amount of low overall JUCOS they sign. JUCOS should be signing with weaker teams more often.

-Top players shouldnt ALWAYS go to top teams. They should sign and be recruited by schools that need them. They way it is now, Alabama is getting a top QB almost every year and then they wind up with 10 or more QBs on their roster. All the QBs are decent and realistically should be starting or backup for a weaker team.

-Teams just DO NOT recruit realistically at all. Teams like Arizona will never be able to get 90s on their team ever again. They have 2 or 3 to start the game. But due to poor recruiting and stale progression they will never see another and be lucky to see an 80. They will never sign a 5 star player or 4 star.

-Recruiting isnt as spread out as it should be. Top players are always going to a handful of schools which makes things uneven across the board and unrealistic.

-Teams are still gradually getting worse overall through the years. How can you have fun playing a game where no team ever gets better??? And the teams always stay the same. Alabama will always be at the top, while teams like Arizona will never come up and have a suprise year bc their team will always be garbage due to progression and bad CPU recruiting logic. And logic of where recruits are signing.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:47 AM   #53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I don't think they've touched gameplay with the tune file. Its possible it's only built to handle dynasty issues.
They have messed wih some gameplay stuff on the first few tuners.

In my opinion, Dynasty Mode in NCAA 11 is the worst the series has ever seen. Im not sure if the tuners are going to be capable of repairing dynasty mode. I think it would take a patch. My posts above explain why im so sickened with dynasty mode. I just cant bring myself to play this game, even though I want too.

As far as gameplay, the defense played a lot better out of the box than it does now. They are messing with gameplay a little on these tuners.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:49 AM   #54
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
They have messed wih some gameplay stuff on the first few tuners.

In my opinion, Dynasty Mode in NCAA 11 is the worst the series has ever seen. Im not sure if the tuners are going to be capable of repairing dynasty mode. I think it would take a patch. My posts above explain why im so sickened with dynasty mode. I just cant bring myself to play this game, even though I want too.

As far as gameplay, the defense played a lot better out of the box than it does now. They are messing with gameplay a little on these tuners.
Not only the defense. After this live tuning, the CPU plays a lot better on offense.. I notice option plays works now on CPU (with adjusted sliders), also PA plays works now for both HUM and CPU. In addition, when I play a better team, it's actually harder to beat them.

With my adjusted sliders and this live tuning, my games are challenging and fun.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:17 AM   #55
MVP

PrettyT11's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
-Top players shouldnt ALWAYS go to top teams. They should sign and be recruited by schools that need them. They way it is now, Alabama is getting a top QB almost every year and then they wind up with 10 or more QBs on their roster. All the QBs are decent and realistically should be starting or backup for a weaker team.

-Teams just DO NOT recruit realistically at all. Teams like Arizona will never be able to get 90s on their team ever again. They have 2 or 3 to start the game. But due to poor recruiting and stale progression they will never see another and be lucky to see an 80. They will never sign a 5 star player or 4 star.

-Recruiting isnt as spread out as it should be. Top players are always going to a handful of schools which makes things uneven across the board and unrealistic.

-Teams are still gradually getting worse overall through the years. How can you have fun playing a game where no team ever gets better??? And the teams always stay the same. Alabama will always be at the top, while teams like Arizona will never come up and have a suprise year bc their team will always be garbage due to progression and bad CPU recruiting logic. And logic of where recruits are signing.
But for the most part that is how it is in real life. The same top teams are the ones in the top 10 to 15 year in and year out. Yes you have a team that suprises and gets up to the top 10 but for the most part the same schools are always at the top. They are also the same teams you see at the top of the recruiting class rankings. It is a rare case when a 5 star players doesn't go to an upper class program and when that does happen it is almost always the local team that gets them are they had some issues that made them go elsewhere.

I know you used Arizona as an example but they are a bad example to use. The fact is Arizona doesn't land 5 star players. They have only signed 1 five star player in the last 9 years. They only average 4 four star players a year over that time. On the other side USC has had the top recruiting class in the Pac every year during this period but one.

As far as on the field goes again Arizona has been a mediocre team at best. They have only been to 2 bowl games in the past 10 years. They haven't finished a season ranked in the top 25 in over 10 years. So no we shouldn't see a team like Arizona jumping up into the top 15 or so. They just aren't that kind of team or program.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2010, 11:18 AM   #56
Rookie

Michgantown's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyT11
But for the most part that is how it is in real life. The same top teams are the ones in the top 10 to 15 year in and year out. Yes you have a team that suprises and gets up to the top 10 but for the most part the same schools are always at the top. They are also the same teams you see at the top of the recruiting class rankings. It is a rare case when a 5 star players doesn't go to an upper class program and when that does happen it is almost always the local team that gets them are they had some issues that made them go elsewhere.

I know you used Arizona as an example but they are a bad example to use. The fact is Arizona doesn't land 5 star players. They have only signed 1 five star player in the last 9 years. They only average 4 four star players a year over that time. On the other side USC has had the top recruiting class in the Pac every year during this period but one.

As far as on the field goes again Arizona has been a mediocre team at best. They have only been to 2 bowl games in the past 10 years. They haven't finished a season ranked in the top 25 in over 10 years. So no we shouldn't see a team like Arizona jumping up into the top 15 or so. They just aren't that kind of team or program.
No not really.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »