Home

Too Time Consuming

This is a discussion on Too Time Consuming within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2010, 09:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Too Time Consuming

Since release, I have been playing NCAA non-stop. I have always been a Madden guy but honestly, I haven't even touched it yet since many aspects of the game are pretty good. Gameplay is better and dynasty mode is pretty deep compared to Madden's shallow franchise. I really get caught up in recruiting and live and die on getting that 5 star recruit that has the makeup of a prototypical running back.

As with anything, there is always room for improvement. If I can offer some constructive criticism that has some room for improvement, it has to be the Player Editing.

First, making a created recruit is a real pain. I am happy for the choices that are available to us but one thing that bugs me is the amount of time it takes. I mean really. Scrolling through each rating, number by number is a rather slow process. It accelerates but at warp speed where you lose the accuracy. Granted doing this for one player is no big deal. However, I like to create 20 recruits each and every year and doing so takes a long time. Can changing the ratings go in increments by 5 or 10 if you hit L1 along with moving the stick? A simple interface redesign like this would alleviate the amount of time spent on editing.

Second, editing players in-game from Teambuilder is REAL slow. Everytime, you make a change, the game pauses since it has to reload the unique uniforms and logos. I understand that there are limitatons with the system and all. So I am wondering if it is it possible for next year to be able to edit equipment and physical likeness on the web, rather than in-game? I just find it a pain to having to edit each and every player to my liking everytime, I start a new dynasty and import a team from Teambuilder.

Does anyone else have any gripes (especially little ones that get overlooked every year) about the game that we all enjoy?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2010, 09:58 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Too Time Consuming

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserx13
Since release, I have been playing NCAA non-stop. I have always been a Madden guy but honestly, I haven't even touched it yet since many aspects of the game are pretty good. Gameplay is better and dynasty mode is pretty deep compared to Madden's shallow franchise. I really get caught up in recruiting and live and die on getting that 5 star recruit that has the makeup of a prototypical running back.

As with anything, there is always room for improvement. If I can offer some constructive criticism that has some room for improvement, it has to be the Player Editing.

First, making a created recruit is a real pain. I am happy for the choices that are available to us but one thing that bugs me is the amount of time it takes. I mean really. Scrolling through each rating, number by number is a rather slow process. It accelerates but at warp speed where you lose the accuracy. Granted doing this for one player is no big deal. However, I like to create 20 recruits each and every year and doing so takes a long time. Can changing the ratings go in increments by 5 or 10 if you hit L1 along with moving the stick? A simple interface redesign like this would alleviate the amount of time spent on editing.

Second, editing players in-game from Teambuilder is REAL slow. Everytime, you make a change, the game pauses since it has to reload the unique uniforms and logos. I understand that there are limitatons with the system and all. So I am wondering if it is it possible for next year to be able to edit equipment and physical likeness on the web, rather than in-game? I just find it a pain to having to edit each and every player to my liking everytime, I start a new dynasty and import a team from Teambuilder.

Does anyone else have any gripes (especially little ones that get overlooked every year) about the game that we all enjoy?
About the created recruit taking too long to create - I agree. I am getting ready to start my dynasty tonight but first I will create some real-life recruits that my team has got commitments from. It really takes a long time for me to make 10-15 guys. In the end though, it's worth it.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:00 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:

I wish that this game had a "Player DNA" like MLB2K10 does. It would be sick to be able to download the top HS recruits in the nation. It would make it so much better.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:02 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
I wish that this game had a "Player DNA" like MLB2K10 does. It would be sick to be able to download the top HS recruits in the nation. It would make it so much better.
I am not sure what that it exactly? Care to explain? If it is what I think it is, it would be cool to be able to create draft classes the same way we are able to use Teambuilder. Then we all can share it and what not. That would be handy especially if someone makes real-life HS recruits.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:08 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
I am not sure what that it exactly? Care to explain? If it is what I think it is, it would be cool to be able to create draft classes the same way we are able to use Teambuilder. Then we all can share it and what not. That would be handy especially if someone makes real-life HS recruits.
All it is when someone creates a player and uploads the player to be downloaded by everyone. I could create five recruits and you could download them, and vice-versa. It would just make it so that we're not having to create all the top recruits by ourselves. It's like downloading a whole roster set but you're only downloading one player from one person, but thousands of people are creating different recruits so there would be a plethora of the top recruits available for your dynasty. Hope that makes sense...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2010, 02:29 PM   #6
Rookie

I'm just blown away that you make 20 recruits a season. WOW!
Old 09-18-2010, 02:42 PM   #7
Rookie

yopis's Arena

OVR: 7

Yeah I hate the way the sound is mixed in the game. I have custom sounds and the crowd is really pumping with my 5.1 system. Everything is great until the default drum cadences play throughout the game. They are just grating and with no way to turn just them off, it sucks.

Game is great though. I also hate how everyone quits online even in ranked. Tried to get a game for almost an hour today. Everybody picks ohio state or quits it's getting old beating them.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:08 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by yopis
Yeah I hate the way the sound is mixed in the game. I have custom sounds and the crowd is really pumping with my 5.1 system. Everything is great until the default drum cadences play throughout the game. They are just grating and with no way to turn just them off, it sucks.
And the fight songs when the road team scores. I agree it's awful.

All they'd have to do is map those sounds to "On the Field" volume or to the announcers and we could fix it. As it is, they're just way too loud. Playing with the volume really cranked is just about out of the question because of this.

Lots of games overlook sound like this. Was just playing Red Dead Redemption last night, in fact, and the same thing popped up: if you have it cranked so that the ambient sounds are realistic, all of a sudden the voice-acting is unbearably loud.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »