Home

Incoming recruits still too low?

This is a discussion on Incoming recruits still too low? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2010, 11:12 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Incoming recruits still too low?

Even after the latest patch (3), do incoming recruits still come in pretty low? I just finished my 1st season w/ southern miss (i started the dynasty after i downloaded the latest patch and the tuner update that came with it, (both #3), and i had a pretty good class with 2 4*'s , but the #6 FS came in as 74 overall (not bad), and the #16 ranked (4 star) halfback came in at 67 overall... EVery other recruit i had came in below these guys. no higher than 67's or lower... It just seems like this class was pretty weak, should have had some stand outs...

Do players still come in too low? or are my expectations too high?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2010, 12:07 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Incoming recruits still too low?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe882
Even after the latest patch (3), do incoming recruits still come in pretty low? I just finished my 1st season w/ southern miss (i started the dynasty after i downloaded the latest patch and the tuner update that came with it, (both #3), and i had a pretty good class with 2 4*'s , but the #6 FS came in as 74 overall (not bad), and the #16 ranked (4 star) halfback came in at 67 overall... EVery other recruit i had came in below these guys. no higher than 67's or lower... It just seems like this class was pretty weak, should have had some stand outs...

Do players still come in too low? or are my expectations too high?
I don't think that is all that bad, because not every 4* recruit is going to be a factor his true freshmen season. I haven't gone thru a recruiting class since the new patch but what were the individual attributes like? Did they have decent individual ratings (SPD, ACC, CTH, MCV, ZCV) but have low AWR ratings that caused the OVR to be low?

Also, how did their ratings progress since the new patch included in-season progression?
Old 09-18-2010, 12:37 PM   #3
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Personally, I think its tuned pretty darn good. The 5* guys range from like 72-86, 4* stars range from about 64-84, the 3* guys from 62-81, and the 2* guys around 58-77.

If you "scout" a player poorly, and end up with a 3 or 4 star guys who is not ready to play right away at a BCS school, i.e. rated in the low to mid 60's, then hopefully you don't have to play that player until he's a RS Junior. With the increased progression from Tuner 3, and the in season progression from Tuner 4, some of those players will still become an 80+ OVR player by their Junior or Senior year.

Also, look at the position specific attributes to really determine a players value. I have a 66 OVR CB, who has a 94 in Man Coverage, and a 85 in play recognition. His Overall is low because of his relatively low agility-74- and tackling-59-, so he isn't a great all round player, but he locks down mediocre Wideouts in the slot.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:19 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

hmm alright yes iwill take a closer look. maybe its not as bad as i thought.. glad others think that it is improved... this was just a quick look by me after seeing my first incoming class. I havent played a game yet since the offseason so itll be hard for me to judge just yet.. I guess the true assessment will be in 2-3 dynasty years when these guys are juniors.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:28 PM   #5
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

It's perfect to me.

The days of having 11 instant impact freshman come in for your team is over.

How many true freshmen start at the D-1 level? Not many

It increases the difficulty level of dynasty and I love it.

I'm in year 4 with Arizona and winning the Pac-10 would be a monumental task. Last years game? I'd be a national title contender now with a loaded roster.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2010, 02:35 PM   #6
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
It's perfect to me.

The days of having 11 instant impact freshman come in for your team is over.

How many true freshmen start at the D-1 level? Not many

It increases the difficulty level of dynasty and I love it.

I'm in year 4 with Arizona and winning the Pac-10 would be a monumental task. Last years game? I'd be a national title contender now with a loaded roster.
I have fun going after a guy I know will be an impact player. For me what you said makes the game more fun, in that instead of simply reloading, I have to make critical decisions on who/what I need.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:49 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

I've had a 3* recruit come in at 79 OVR. I don't think they're too low I think it's perfect this year. I'm in year 2019 of an Arkansas State dynasty, and this is the first year I've had B's and B-'s in every category, still no A's or A-'s and I love it.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:22 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think they are too high actually. Im using Pittsburgh and have got a few 5 star, about 8 4 star and rest 3 stars over the last 3 dynasty seasons and now i have 10 players on my roster at 90 overall or above. I feel like its going to be way too easy to get a whole starting roster full of 90 overall players again and that is not realistic at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »