Home

I hate recruiting this year

This is a discussion on I hate recruiting this year within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2010, 06:14 PM   #33
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: I hate recruiting this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
I like how the OP was mostly angry about the lack of good kickers and punters and the suddenly the thread turned into how recruiting is much more realistic this year than year's prior.
The cheesy thing I do is make it a point to find a good kicker, and just use them as a punter as well. Even if I end up with a walk on punter(if I can't recruit one).
Old 09-21-2010, 07:28 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyCane
I suspect that most would agree the OP's complaint about punters and kickers had some merit. I think where he lost sympathy was his long paragraph to end the post. That last paragraph took up a great deal of the post and it read like he was only complaining about being a 5 star program yet not getting any recruit he wanted. If the intent was to complain about the dearth of kickers and punters he clouded the issue with that last paragraph. People remember what they read last.

Point taken. I probably wrote that last paragraph a little quickly and didnt get my point across very well.

The kickers do piss me off a lot. Last year I still couldnt get a kicker to replace my walk-on special-ed kicker. No, my friend gets him even though his kicker will be a junior. Not in state, I was on him for weeks, promised him the world, and the second my friend offers, boom to the top of the chart and next week commit.

And if it came across that I thought I should be able to get any player I wanted, that is not what I meant. I just think a 6 star top 10 elite program in the country should not have to beg 3 stars to come to their school, at a position where there is all most no depth (example, two senior olb for the next year then nothing) This while promising them near everything I can, and recruiting against the likes of Troy or Buffalo.

It should be VERY easy for schools to get commits from 3 stars, and sometimes 4 stars at positions where there are only seniors that will be leaving and maybe some walk-on 45 overall guy to beat out. That was my point. No putting hours into the guy every week either. If you want to fill that spot for depth and arent worried about getting a world beater, then mid level 3 star guys should be lining up to commit when offered. When that 1 maybe 2 guys commit at that position, the rest should back off big time. That would help against human and cpu bull**** stacking off talent at positions.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:49 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3

i love the recruiting. I built duke into a 6 star prestige school.I use All American recruiting.I lost games at first got booted out of the Acc played 3 yrs independent,then joined the sec.I also had to change my recruiting strategy.One year i learned the hard way and landed like 5 players.It set my program back 3 years and i loved it.So i changed my approach.You really cant go after 25 5-6star players.The pipeline states are critical and recruiting intrested players from those states is almost a must.I regularly have a top 5 recruiting class and im in my 13th season in my franchise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2010, 08:03 PM   #36
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

I do feel like recruiting is just unrealistically difficult. So I use freshman level recruiting and it's still dumb quite often. I can never sign what I need but offer me an athlete and it's all good! I find it impossible to sign a decent tight end or fullback.

This whole thing that people are doing limiting their boards to 10-15 recruits is the dumbest and most ridiculous thing ever. "Real" college recruiting boards have a hundred prospects on it. I think limiting it to 35 is good. I want to be able to recruit in the 20s, especially if I am graduating a class of 22. It only makes sense.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:09 PM   #37
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
I do feel like recruiting is just unrealistically difficult. So I use freshman level recruiting and it's still dumb quite often. I can never sign what I need but offer me an athlete and it's all good! I find it impossible to sign a decent tight end or fullback.

This whole thing that people are doing limiting their boards to 10-15 recruits is the dumbest and most ridiculous thing ever. "Real" college recruiting boards have a hundred prospects on it. I think limiting it to 35 is good. I want to be able to recruit in the 20s, especially if I am graduating a class of 22. It only makes sense.
The issue is that the CPU only actively recruits about 10-15 players at a time, so odds are you'd be only giving 20-30 minutes while the CPU will be spending 50-60 minutes.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:26 PM   #38
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch
The issue is that the CPU only actively recruits about 10-15 players at a time, so odds are you'd be only giving 20-30 minutes while the CPU will be spending 50-60 minutes.
I see your point. Well there's what needs to be fixed then for sure.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:20 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 1

I limit myself to 10-20 recruits that are my prestige or lower (i have a 5star program at the moment, so most of my guys are 4 stars coming in) and I am usually done with recruiting before the off season. Usually I get most of the guys I needed by my 12th week and have nothing to spend my recruiting time on later. At the 10th week or so there are still some three star guys who have not been recruited yet and I will grab one or two of them for depth purposes, with no intentions of them becoming starters. That works out because I can still get A+ playing time when recruiting a 5 star stud against my former 3 star depth guy.

My roster is full and I have it worked out so that now i lose 12-15 at most to graduation
Old 09-22-2010, 07:54 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

Best kept secret: 2* and 3* JUCOs. CPU DOES NOT recruit until like week 10 or so. EVER! Its just you and the recruit talking with no interference!

Even if the recruit is not interested you will get on his list just for the fact no one is talking to him. The best part is that many of these JUCOs come in with very high ratings (80-85).

You can also redshirt them and gain and extra develpoment cycle and by the time the guy is a RS Senior he is well into the 90s and a star player.

I have built up 1* programs in 2-3 years using this method so if you are Nebraska they can provide all the depth and starters you could ever need. On average I would say there are at least 15-20 high caliber 2* 3* JUCOs.

They are also at every position at one time or another but especially lineman of all kind and LB,S and TE.
Michigan #3 in the Nation and rising

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »