Home

Man D since updates.

This is a discussion on Man D since updates. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2010, 01:29 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Man D since updates.

To me it seems that the zone D is so bad that I used to use a lot of man D. Since the update I can't get much of a pass rush and my CBs seem to be very dumb in regards to reacting to plays. I have to manually control them pretty much on every play now.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:09 AM   #18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiebum18
Yes, they ruined man defense with the last patch. It got so bad for me, I have put ncaa 11 away and have only been playing madden 11 until they come out with another patch. The game is borderline unplayable if you play strictly man defense like I do.
Let me guess... you were one of those cheesers who put everyone up on the line, bought 6 rushers and played straight man behind it. I'm guessing you won alot of games that way. And now that you can no longer do that and win on every play you stopped playing. LOL... i've played a few people like that lately and i love burning that man D haha. Dude any team in the country would get RIPPED if they played man D on every play... learn to mix it up. That bump and run stuff with the mirroring was stupid and unrealistic. I think the defense it GREAT now. More realistic!

Oh yeah... and LOL at the people in this thread adjusting sliders so they can play man on every play.

Last edited by cgrierwv75; 09-21-2010 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:27 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

i dont mind my corners getting beat, but the way they are getting beat now is just stupid.....

you will be in man coverage and a cb who is supposed to be covering a receiver who just did a curl route will be standing out of bounds waiting for the ball to be thrown to the guy he is covering, or a receiver will do an out route and the corner will be in good position but once the ball gets there he keeps running out of bounds while the receiver catches it.

ive just seen my corners do stupid things over and over, its crazy now,

Old 09-21-2010, 01:38 PM   #20
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrierwv75
Oh yeah... and LOL at the people in this thread adjusting sliders so they can play man on every play.
You sure like to "LOL" a lot.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 09-21-2010, 01:57 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 34

Nope.

Good man coverage players can play man, Good press CBs can still press.

Bad ones cant.

Dont view man coverage and press coverage as interchangeable.

They arent.

I cant tell you how many people I have torched, who played press coverage with CBs who had press ratings in the 70's, and their man coverage ratings and zone coverage ratings were good.

They dont understand that they are going to roasted off of the line, doing this.

When that happens, your man coverage rating no longer matters.

The days of playing press coverage every down, and trying to speed rush with your DEs are over folks.

Study your ratings, adapt, overcome.

Last edited by sportyguyfl31; 09-21-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2010, 03:20 PM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Let me guess... you were one of those cheesers who put everyone up on the line, bought 6 rushers and played straight man behind it. I'm guessing you won alot of games that way. And now that you can no longer do that and win on every play you stopped playing. LOL... i've played a few people like that lately and i love burning that man D haha. Dude any team in the country would get RIPPED if they played man D on every play... learn to mix it up. That bump and run stuff with the mirroring was stupid and unrealistic. I think the defense it GREAT now. More realistic!

LOL well said!
Old 09-21-2010, 03:43 PM   #23
Banned

dreezymac's Arena

OVR: 11

Dont know what to tell ya...man D works like a charm for me. There are some routes that are meant to beat man. Maybe your DBs just arent that good.

One poster said pay attn to ratings...definitely key. Of course I NEVER recruit zone CBs over man. It just seems counteractive to the position unless you plan on playing zone for the greater part of game.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:01 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

Legit points but Utah plays press man to man on 85%-90% of their snaps and has for years. They also routinely turn out top 25 defenses.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »