Home

Amazing start to recruiting...

This is a discussion on Amazing start to recruiting... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2010, 03:58 AM   #1
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16
Amazing start to recruiting...

is this a one off or is this what happens when you earn a 6-star prestige dynasty? I just won the SEC, and th sugar bowl, going 12-2 with Auburn. We had a monster recruiting class during the season, signed 25 (first time ever!). Finally getting some depth. I advanced to the next season and I have multiple 5-start recruits with me as their number one choice right off the bat. I have probably had one 5-star in my 6 seasons have me as first when the season begins...

is this a one off or because I am a 6-star prestige?

Also, I am on All-american recruiting level.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2010, 04:23 AM   #2
Tim Tebow has landed!

T3B0W's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Amazing start to recruiting...

That's pretty darn' good. I am in to week 8 with Cal and have signed 12 thus far (5x 4-star, 7x3star). My recruiting level is on 'varsity' as per Playermaker's sliders.

What level is your recruiting on?

Edit: I should read the post re: level for recruiting

Last edited by T3B0W; 09-21-2010 at 04:28 AM.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:25 AM   #3
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

Yeah that's essentially what happens. The 2 teams I use the most are Kentucky and Florida. Kentucky, a 3 star, has almost exclusively 3 star players interested them with maybe 1 or 2 in-state 4 stars. Florida, a 6 star, has a ton of 5 stars interested in them every year. I tried a 5 star team once too that had mostly 4 stars with some 5 stars sprinkled in and then when they hit 6 star prestige they got the Florida treatment and had probably 50-75% of the 5 stars interested.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:27 AM   #4
Tim Tebow has landed!

T3B0W's Arena

OVR: 22

I guess that's why I went for a 3-star team like Cal. I didn't think I'd have the time to build a 1-star team to 6-start, so I met half way with myself LOL With NBA 2K11 and F1 2010 soon to be released, I have to bid my time between the three games. A 3-star team that allowed to pump out 5-10 seasons before NCAA 12 seemed like a good compromimse.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:56 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

i believe I'm in my 10th year of my SJSU dynasty. Last year was my first season as a 6 star prestige. Once you get to 6 stars, you have a chance for elite players from anywhere in the country to have you at the top of their list to start the year. (all American recruiting difficulty).

Last year i landed week 1 insta-commits from 1 5 star (an athlete from Maryland who ended up being a great LB) and four 4 star recruits at various positions. I think i ended up with four 5 star recruits overall (ath, QB, DT and T) and edged out Ohio st. for the top class.

This year didn't start out nearly as well, as i didn't get any week 1 insta-commits (despite having nine or 10 4 or 5 star recruits start me as #1) but its still shaping up to be a good class.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2010, 07:24 AM   #6
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16

i i had the number 1 recruiting class last year... had 25 recruits, 4 5 stars, 7 4stars - the rest 3-stars. the reason i did so well is because i had LSU (Rival) the 3rd week of the season and i land or got soft commits EARLY. that is so key in this game... or does it work to just hang close by and then have a visit?
Old 09-21-2010, 03:37 PM   #7
Rookie

mjwickstrom1's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm doing a Dynasty with Auburn. I'm four games into my fourth season, winning the last 2 NC's. After four weeks I already have four 5 star commits, 1 four star commit, and 1 three star commit (#1 Kicker). The previous three seasons I had no problem getting four star recruits, but had only signed 2 five star recruits during those three seasons. I'm currently leading for several other five star recruits, and am looking at having a extraordinary class.
NHL - Columbus Blue Jackets, Pittsburgh Penguins
NCAA - Kentucky Wildcats , Xavier Musketeers, Auburn Tigers
NASCAR - Jeff Gordon

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »