Home

Nebraska-BIG ACE-Discussion

This is a discussion on Nebraska-BIG ACE-Discussion within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2010, 06:49 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Nebraska-BIG ACE-Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekgod09
I'm not on ps3 but I think I found something I can work with. 4-4 man, middle LB in zone. stunt the DL to the outside. Shift LB's outside. switch each outside backer to contain. Then control the MLB to shoot the gaps. That technique shut down both the inside and outside run cold. Although it will leave you somewhat exposed to the pass.
Very impressive! i have a similar setup but i dont contain my backers but the 4-4 is the key man to stopping the heavy sets.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:29 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

I run this occasionally, usually at the start of the game or near the goaline, but I don't see how it's considered "cheese".
Old 09-21-2010, 11:45 PM   #11
Rookie

Airdrop01's Arena

OVR: 1

The other day I was playing a guy using this with Nebraska the whole game...I'm playing as Kansas, mind you...Kansas...they of the stink of stink....I asked him to stop the constant cheese and his response was "it's not cheese, it's a formation in the game." Huh? I waited until 2d half so he'd get his precious W and then just quit. Why waste 30 minutes on that is what I say.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2010, 02:09 AM   #12
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Nebraska-ACE JUMBO-Discussion

Quote:
Nebraska has a formation called ACE JUMBO and I'm about ready to lose it if I don't figure out a way to stop it. It has 2-3 TE's and a FB with a single back behind center. What makes it so hard is they can pitch or run inside VERY effectivly, as they have 9, YES, 9 in the box. It's an even formation, or they can motion and have an insane strong side. It also has multiple pass plays that are VERY challenging to cover.

I use North Carolina which has one of the best defenses in the game.I'm also a very seasoned player. I've pinched, I've contained, I've spread my line, my LB's. I've hit practive mode for over an hour last night. I can take away either the pitch, inside run, or pass but I have to make a lot of user adjustments to even take one of these away. I don't know how the hell you can play the inside run, outside run, and pass at the same time.

You will see this to start and become more prevelant as more people find out about the formation. We need to figure out a way to stop it! It's very frustrating and I see no solutions here.

The formation can be stopped. I'm Nebraska in an OD on another site and I have been shut down in user games (64yards) running before. May not seem like a lot but I RUN ON EVERYBODY. Keeping me under 100 is a task and this is using any playbook. It's not the formation its the defense called. I don't run exclusively from this formation but it didn't work against one user. Some users will continue to play me with a 3-4, 4-3 defensive front and that honestly doesn't work. You need to match up size wise or I'll run through you all day. You need to play the 4-6 and have TALENT that has high block shed ratings.

Overwhelming the point of attack is GOOD running, nothing more nothing less.

I wouldn't be surprised if your my next opponent looking for pointers before we play, lol jk... he's a cool dude but he has no idea what's coming.

It's not cheese because you can't stop it when their are alot of folks that have no problem.

Last edited by JerzeyReign; 09-22-2010 at 02:12 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:11 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
The formation can be stopped. I'm Nebraska in an OD on another site and I have been shut down in user games (64yards) running before. May not seem like a lot but I RUN ON EVERYBODY. Keeping me under 100 is a task and this is using any playbook. It's not the formation its the defense called. I don't run exclusively from this formation but it didn't work against one user. Some users will continue to play me with a 3-4, 4-3 defensive front and that honestly doesn't work. You need to match up size wise or I'll run through you all day. You need to play the 4-6 and have TALENT that has high block shed ratings.

Overwhelming the point of attack is GOOD running, nothing more nothing less.

I wouldn't be surprised if your my next opponent looking for pointers before we play, lol jk... he's a cool dude but he has no idea what's coming.

It's not cheese because you can't stop it when their are alot of folks that have no problem.
If I lined up with 4-4 or 4-6 with no user adjustments this formation can't be stopped. Not against Wisconsin. If you think you have a base play that can hold this to under 5 yards a carry by all means let me test it out. Your full of crap if you think a play like that exists.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:02 AM   #14
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
If I lined up with 4-4 or 4-6 with no user adjustments this formation can't be stopped. Not against Wisconsin. If you think you have a base play that can hold this to under 5 yards a carry by all means let me test it out. Your full of crap if you think a play like that exists.

PSN: JerzeyReign
Old 09-23-2010, 02:58 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 10

Its not cheese, it works wth the right players and doesn't work with the wrong players. I've stopped it, and been stopped using it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 03:03 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
PSN: Novadolla i'll shut it down

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »