Home

Any benefit at setting Hit Power to aggressive?

This is a discussion on Any benefit at setting Hit Power to aggressive? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2010, 04:07 PM   #9
Rookie

domcolosi's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Any benefit at setting Hit Power to aggressive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFan1309
I don't even see where u set the gameplan...can someone help me with this?
While selecting a play (but after picking the formation), press X/Square
Old 09-22-2010, 06:22 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ovr
Do your players in coverage try to lay the hit a little harder when the receiver is trying to catch? Or do they just to make the harder hit when tackling the ball carrier?
I usually set it to aggressive and I force a lot of fumbles because of it. I haven't noticed them missing many tackles. Although, a lot of times if I go for a big hit on a guy in the backfield, the ball carrier will almost always bounce off of it. I've seen plays where 4 of my defender went for big hits on the ball carrier as he tried to stretch the run to the right or left behind he line of scrimmage and he just bounces off of each one until he finally gets pushed out of bounds for a 13 yard loss. None of the hits took him to the ground though.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:40 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Ok thanx for the response
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2010, 09:04 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandchampbaby
isnt that what real life coaches do???? set the gameplan EVERY game! if it wasnt in the game you would be complaining!
I wasn't suggesting them take out the in-game adjustability, I was just saying I would like to set defaults so I don't have to set the exact same things every game (or at least let me set offense and defense at the same time before each game).

I get really annoyed when I fumble on the kick return or on my first drive of the game just because I forgot to set something to conservative. If things worked as they should it wouldn't be much of a problem, but if I don't set certain things to conservative I wind up playing games with 15 turnovers.

If you leave things set to 'balanced' you just don't get as realistic of a game (in my opinion). I use the 'gameplan' more like sliders than I do an actual gameplan, and I'm sure nobody would want to have to adjust sliders before every game.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:02 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by thequick135
in my experience it only makes your defensive players miss more tackles.. no benefit at all
especially if u playing with a low ranking school who players not that good i keep it balance sometimes other than that i go to conservatie since i usually play with a low rank team n dynasty so where they make more tackles but i do keep strip ball balance unless i need a turnover then i put aggressive but everygame i put dline aggressive no matter who im playing with an on options i have it follow the qb instead of the rb forcing him to decide which is usually cpu i'll go after rb myself
Old 09-24-2010, 08:29 AM   #14
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

As others have said NEVER set it to aggresive. I usually keep it balanced, and will go to conservative at some points in the game.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:53 AM   #15
Rookie

EZ Esquire's Arena

OVR: 1

It works the way it is suppose to.

Players should not be going for big hits all the time so the game makes you miss a lot of tackles.

But I would not say never. If you are playing as a great team or have a great team after a few years then you can use it more.

You will get more fumbles and more dropped passes.

Normally, I only use it when I am playing a weak team where a missed tackle here or there is not going to hurt.

If I am playing a very good team then I go conservative and they always wrap up. I get a lot more TFL.

The point is it is not to be used all the time because of the down side but if you have great talent compared to the other team then that downside can be minimized.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2010, 12:22 PM   #16
Pro

gamemaster-2005's Arena

OVR: 8

I hate it you always end up getting missed tackles. very rare you get a big hit for a fumble.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »