Home

Disconnect/pause Glitch Russ Please FIX!

This is a discussion on Disconnect/pause Glitch Russ Please FIX! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2010, 12:31 PM   #9
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Disconnect/pause Glitch Russ Please FIX!

pretty sure they stated in a blog that disconnects were a problem with the user or their internet provider.

ea has nothing to do with how your machine is linked to the guy you are playing.

sounds like you need to FIX your internet, or the person you are up against.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:22 PM   #10
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
pretty sure they stated in a blog that disconnects were a problem with the user or their internet provider.

ea has nothing to do with how your machine is linked to the guy you are playing.

That is part of it, but there was a pause glitch in NHL 09/10 that caused games to cancel out. There are ways to mess with the internet connection to get a game to disconnect.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 09-24-2010, 05:10 PM   #11
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by novadolla
that is it, if they are losing they will pause the game, and then do the glitch, the only way you can keep yourself from getting a loss is by not clicking resume and starting the clock, then it becomes a waiting game
This sounds like the old glitch that was in Madden (at least '04, I think) back in the PS2/XBOX days.

I don't remember the specifics, but if the game was paused and you hit resume, the other guy did something screwy with a certain menu option (I won't say what in case it turns out that this glitch is the same, although I doubt it) that would cause the connection to get messed up and eventually disconnect, giving you the loss for whatever reason. I remember this because there was a game where I literally waited a guy out for about an hour once because he refused to take the loss and I refused to let him off the hook. Luckily for me I had absolutely nothing to do that day and had plenty of time to teach him a lesson.

This one is probably different in its execution but I'm betting the idea is the same. Kind of sad that 5+ year old problems haven't been solved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2010, 05:14 PM   #12
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

If what he's saying is true, he's not talking about dropped connections. He's talking about an act that the other person does which causes the game to disconnect and give HIM the loss. If the other person disconnects or causes the disconnect, that person should be getting the loss, not him, and that certainly is a flaw on EA's end. And going off what I just said in my post in this thread, I'm inclined to believe him that there is a glitch people are exploiting.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:54 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:

LOL dude do you even play online? Go back and read my post this has nothing to do with MY connection. Its called the "PAUSE GLITCH" and the top guys know how to do it when they are losing so that they wont get a loss. Anyways obviously no one here knows anything about it so please just disregard this thread.

Last edited by novadolla; 09-24-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:56 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
This sounds like the old glitch that was in Madden (at least '04, I think) back in the PS2/XBOX days.

I don't remember the specifics, but if the game was paused and you hit resume, the other guy did something screwy with a certain menu option (I won't say what in case it turns out that this glitch is the same, although I doubt it) that would cause the connection to get messed up and eventually disconnect, giving you the loss for whatever reason. I remember this because there was a game where I literally waited a guy out for about an hour once because he refused to take the loss and I refused to let him off the hook. Luckily for me I had absolutely nothing to do that day and had plenty of time to teach him a lesson.

This one is probably different in its execution but I'm betting the idea is the same. Kind of sad that 5+ year old problems haven't been solved.
Exactly. I'm surprise anyone else have not ran into this. Almost all the top guys do it now. But oh well just gonna stop playing online.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:00 PM   #15
Pro

oh yea here is a thread about it.

http://ncaastrategies.com/utopia/top...hed-right-now/
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »