Home

Go-to Plays

This is a discussion on Go-to Plays within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2010, 06:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Go-to Plays

Just wondering what some of your guys' any down, any distance, any score, any clock plays are. List the playbook, formation, play, and formation subs/packages you have, and maybe a brief reason why.

I'll post some of mine once I go write down the formations and such =P
Yup, broke my PS3 controller 2 weeks ago. Threw it against the leg of my couch. It was the combination of Andrew Luck throwing picks left and right against UCLA, and my friends blowing up my phone to bring pong balls to someone's house... smh

Florida Gators
Chicago Cubs
Manchester United FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2010, 10:11 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Go-to Plays

Counter Arkansas PB I form close
Old 09-25-2010, 10:32 PM   #3
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7

I predict a lot of "four verticals" posts.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:38 PM   #4
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Card-me
I predict a lot of "four verticals" posts.
Precisely. I will never call this play because it is an exploit. The CPU defensive AI does not defend the receiver over the middle.

I randomly call my play. I know if I want to run or pass out of a formation, but then I'll just go pick a play. I don't call "go-to plays" because to me it is exploiting the limited CPU AI.

I like to run new plays, which is why I pick a new playbook every year.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 09-25-2010, 11:04 PM   #5
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
Precisely. I will never call this play because it is an exploit. The CPU defensive AI does not defend the receiver over the middle.

I randomly call my play. I know if I want to run or pass out of a formation, but then I'll just go pick a play. I don't call "go-to plays" because to me it is exploiting the limited CPU AI.

I like to run new plays, which is why I pick a new playbook every year.
I call it from time to time, but limit it as much as possible. A couple reasons:

a) The CPU cheats me enough with Robo QB, 8 broken tackles, and unblocked blitzers, I figure I can level the playing field now and then and not feel like I'm exploiting the game.

b) I try to only call it in long yardage crucial (or desperation) times. I figure that not only is this exactly when you would call this in real life, but it means you'll have to hold the ball longer which gives the safeties time to actually defend it. I usually get enough of these plays broken up to feel at least more realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2010, 11:08 PM   #6
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

OVR: 4

Mine is I form slot flex slants. If they show man, throw to the slot receiver across the middle. If they show zone or the safety blitzes, the outside receiver on the side with the slot will usually be open in single coverage. I also have my hybrid TE/WR as my slot man so he can handle the big hits when he goes across the middle.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:41 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I dont have any true plays that I go to because I always hot route recievers. I have found that if the defense is running a zone coverage and you have trips on the small side of the field you hot route the farthest reciever in to an out route the middle reciever to a streak and the outside receiver to a slant inward. If this is run against zone coverage or against a infierior defense in man coverage I garuntee that one of those guys will be open. because against a bad team running man the db cant keep up with the guy on the streak and against zone the slant is usually open because the db in the flat commits to the out route. And if none of these guys are open you hot route the reciever on the other side to a streak and pump fake to the trips side(against the computer) and throw a deep ball to the lone reciever on the other side. with a good quarterback and a tall reciever agaisnt man coverage and if your good at user catching you can complete that pass for a high percentage
Old 09-26-2010, 12:22 AM   #8
Pro

sycodmn's Arena

OVR: 5

Not really a 'go-to' play by the definition you're using, but the staples of my offense are the Stretch and Power O plays. With the Stretch, you either cut it up as soon as you have a hole, or you can take it outside, and with the Power O, just follow the pulling guard and your lead blocker, and you'll be good to go.

I sometimes run Four Verticals out of Empty Shotgun, but only in situations in which I'd be calling Hail Mary. The skinny post-esque route on the inside right will split the safties against cover two, and will usually be open. Not sure if that would be considered cheese, but I only play offline dynasty, so it doesn't really matter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »