Home

Do u feel like Normal Game Speed is too arcade like?

This is a discussion on Do u feel like Normal Game Speed is too arcade like? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2010, 12:27 PM   #9
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Do u feel like Normal Game Speed is too arcade like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I don't. I'm one of the few "normal" advocates on the board, I think, though I understand people's reservations with Normal.

I did play on slow for a good long while after the game was released. A few reasons: The animations are smoother, locomotion feels more natural, and I kind of enjoyed the very intense difference that occurs when you play Madden on normal after playing NCAA on slow. It highlights the differences between NCAA and NFL football to a greater degree.

I made the switch when I realized what Normal did to the difficulty of the game. The pass rush felt more intense, I had to make quick reads and get rid of the football, the athleticism of my tailback began to mean so much more. Reaction time and processing information quickly is a big part of the game of football, and I feel like Slow gives me a bit too much room for error in this regard. Normal just feels more intense.
Yep, i like to play when I'm 'scared'. Slow is just too relaxed.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:49 PM   #10
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

I play on Normal. Last year with with Madden 10 I tried playing on Slow and it just made the game seem too easy. Keeping the same sliders and increasing the speed to Normal really made the game much more challenging.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:16 PM   #11
Pro

crowhop's Arena

OVR: 4

Does changing the game speed effect the length of time it takes to complete a game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2010, 03:57 PM   #12
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I don't. I'm one of the few "normal" advocates on the board, I think, though I understand people's reservations with Normal.

I did play on slow for a good long while after the game was released. A few reasons: The animations are smoother, locomotion feels more natural, and I kind of enjoyed the very intense difference that occurs when you play Madden on normal after playing NCAA on slow. It highlights the differences between NCAA and NFL football to a greater degree.

I made the switch when I realized what Normal did to the difficulty of the game. The pass rush felt more intense, I had to make quick reads and get rid of the football, the athleticism of my tailback began to mean so much more. Reaction time and processing information quickly is a big part of the game of football, and I feel like Slow gives me a bit too much room for error in this regard. Normal just feels more intense.
I agree with this 100%

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:20 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

do u at least change the speed threshold when playing normal or do u keep it at 50?
Old 09-26-2010, 05:21 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

I honestly haven't even tried it on something other than normal. The gameplay is awesome on normal with speed threshold turned way down... using the right sliders, even varsity feels like a well-balanced game where I have good games against the teams I'm supposed to and blow out the teams I'm supposed to. Occasionally someone comes to play and I have a good game versus someone I'm not supposed to. Occasionally. Very realistic while being very fun.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:23 PM   #15
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by on my grizzle
do u at least change the speed threshold when playing normal or do u keep it at 50?
I keep it at 50, The default differential is perfect to me.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2010, 07:59 PM   #16
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

I've played both quite a bit with various thresholds. After watching boatloads of College Football the last few weeks the slow speed is way too slow compared to the real game. I'm now playing on NORMAL with a threshold of 0 and the speed and difference between fast players and slow players feels spot on. You just won't get the feel of the true explosiveness of elite players below NORMAL/ZERO IMO.

But on the other hand you have to take playability into account. If slow makes the game more fun and playable for you then by all means that's what you should choose.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »