Home

Do u feel like Normal Game Speed is too arcade like?

This is a discussion on Do u feel like Normal Game Speed is too arcade like? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2010, 08:54 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Do u feel like Normal Game Speed is too arcade like?

I do. I use slow and it's perfect IMO.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 09-26-2010, 10:34 PM   #18
Pro

sycodmn's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm a slow proponent. I like actually being able to see holes open, plays develop, and ESPECIALLY watch the blocking develop. The game plays at a perfect speed, and, call me strange, but I think practice mode seems even slower.

I think my threshold is set at 25. I might lower it, as, playing on Heisman, I still get caught from behind by people I feel I shouldn't.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:53 PM   #19
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I don't. I'm one of the few "normal" advocates on the board, I think, though I understand people's reservations with Normal.

I did play on slow for a good long while after the game was released. A few reasons: The animations are smoother, locomotion feels more natural, and I kind of enjoyed the very intense difference that occurs when you play Madden on normal after playing NCAA on slow. It highlights the differences between NCAA and NFL football to a greater degree.

I made the switch when I realized what Normal did to the difficulty of the game. The pass rush felt more intense, I had to make quick reads and get rid of the football, the athleticism of my tailback began to mean so much more. Reaction time and processing information quickly is a big part of the game of football, and I feel like Slow gives me a bit too much room for error in this regard. Normal just feels more intense.
I could not have said this any better myself, game speed is one of my bigger reasons why I bought NCAA instead of Madden this year.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:01 PM   #20
Pro

blakty's Arena

OVR: 6

I play on Normal. IMO there's just no other way to play. I find the slow speed "high school-esque".
Old 09-26-2010, 11:26 PM   #21
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

I like them both. Slow seems to have a better variety of animations, but normal is the only speed that actually makes explosive players feel explosive. On slow even the best players seem to chug in space-never getting up to full speed.

For my online and offline dynasties I'm playing on normal, but that may change at some point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2010, 08:47 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

I usually play on fast, simply because I want the game to feel and play like it looks on saturdays. There are times when you just get screwed, but the overall flow and urgency feel more realistic to me.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:49 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

I like normal. I tried slow for five games or so, and it seems too slow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »