Home

Is running the option with Michigan a bad thing?

This is a discussion on Is running the option with Michigan a bad thing? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should running the option with Michigan be considered cheesy?
Yes 1 1.85%
No 20 37.04%
Yes, if it's all you do 10 18.52%
No, and, doesn't Michigan run the option? 23 42.59%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-27-2010, 04:22 PM   #9
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Is running the option with Michigan a bad thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlemielo
It really depends on how you run the option. Running the option itself isn't cheesy, but if you're constantly pitching the ball while the QB is getting hit, then I consider that cheese. You almost never see QBs pitch while going down, but this game makes it possible to do it every time.
Yes I wish the game fixed this. A lot of times I pitch the ball while being hit not intentionally, but I just happen to pitch it later than I should and the game doesn't stop it.

On the other hand, the game does cause plenty of "intercepted pitches" (which never happens), so maybe it balances out a little lol.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:16 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

I agree and also don't agree with the pitching while getting hit statement, in the glory days of the nebraska power I option offense you would see Tommie Frazier pitch at almost the exact moment of contact because it would pretty much pull the DB's out of position and would take that LB clean out of the play, didn't do it all the time, but the point of the pitch is to wait until the last possible moment to pitch the ball, now I agree with the comment based on the fact that the game allows you to pitch when your knee is pretty much on the ground or the QB throws the ball behind his back which is always a funny one. but i'll agree i don't think its cheese as long as you aren't abusing the pitch after getting hit.

Last edited by Headtrip325; 09-28-2010 at 12:22 PM. Reason: yet another typo
Old 09-27-2010, 05:27 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
It's ludicrous to get booted from a dynasty for running the option.

One - that's a staple of the Michigan offense.

Two - I would argue that it's harder to run the spread-option than a conventional offense in this game.
I think he means running the Triple Option as opposed to the Spread Option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2010, 05:31 PM   #12
Rookie

mwink31's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlemielo
It really depends on how you run the option. Running the option itself isn't cheesy, but if you're constantly pitching the ball while the QB is getting hit, then I consider that cheese. You almost never see QBs pitch while going down, but this game makes it possible to do it every time.
I think the game allows pitches that would not be realistic. If you were to exploit that glitch, I could see where others would consider this 'cheesing'

That being said, if this was the case, as a commish, I would have asked that this be held to a minimum, or else. Sounds like your commish was a sore loser....possibly an OSU fan
Old 09-27-2010, 05:45 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 20

boy, i would think a nebraska fan would know how to spell the legendary name of tommy frazier.

If you can run the spread option in the game, more power to you. I don't think it's possible unless you really increase the human blocking and decrease the cpu defense.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:15 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 9

I wish I knew how to upload a video and will look into it. I run the Multiple Playbook. It has flexbone and wishbone in it, and I use it all. Like I said, it wasn't a problem when I was getting beat using it in year 1, but since have recruited players to match my scheme. 3 top 5 recruiting classes later and now its not the option that kills them, it's everything I do off of it.

It's so funny when they run left/right commit and everyone runs away from the pitch.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:23 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
boy, i would think a nebraska fan would know how to spell the legendary name of tommy frazier.

If you can run the spread option in the game, more power to you. I don't think it's possible unless you really increase the human blocking and decrease the cpu defense.
nice i did mispell it... lol i even edited for a spelling typo and missed that one
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2010, 06:40 PM   #16
Rookie

Pitbullz4Life's Arena

OVR: 1

I run the triple option and spread option with VA Tech and destroy people online and my friends.. I get alot of hate message's from people after a online game.. I also play with Oklahoma with texas tech playbook, I'll throw the ball probably 50 times a game with Oklahoma..

people just get mad cause they can't stop you or beat you.. There is no rule that you have to run a certain offense with a certain team

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »