Home

Am i the only one still seeing high jumping linemen/LB?

This is a discussion on Am i the only one still seeing high jumping linemen/LB? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2010, 12:53 PM   #17
Rookie

mcpheje's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Am i the only one still seeing high jumping linemen/LB?

From what I've seen the problem is not the vertical jump of the DL or LBs; it's more with the low arc of the passes and their incredible reaction time. In plays when I've felt like I got screwed, I'll go into the replay. More often than not the DL or LB is only jumping about 2 feet or less in the air (just about knee level in relation to the other players). That I'm afraid is realistic. At 40 I can jump more than 2 feet in the air wearing a suit and dress shoes.

What isn't realistic is their insane reaction time. To me the more frustrating aspect of this has been times where I was purposely trying to float a pass over the defenders head only to get a line drive pass that gets knocked down by the waiting defenders outstretched arm.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:01 PM   #18
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

The only thing I dislike about this game. The fact that they react in an instant, jump instantly and perfectly knock it down = frustration for me.

I see a wide open receiver over the middle, I throw it, looks good...oh crap there's a LB there who only takes .000001 second to jump 6 feet in the air and accurately knock the ball down. This is the one thing that has me frustrated about this game.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:14 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 15

I pretty much stopped playing the game because of that very reason.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:32 PM   #20
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
I pretty much stopped playing the game because of that very reason.
I still can't stop playing but damm this kills me in a game. i still hate it and want it fixed tho. EA keeps throwing tuning updates out there like skittles so maybe they can fix it in the 7th update.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:41 PM   #21
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Wow, if Jesus is having probs then you KNOW thing are bad...

In all seriousness though, I brought this up in a thread after that last patch dropped. It's like EA had solved the issue, then that last patch drops and it reappears. I just dont understand HOW this keeps happening. I had Nebraska lineman & LB's bat down around 10 of my passes one game.

What's worse is that it makes no sense and happens at random times. Sometimes a uy will let a ball go right over his head, and sometimes he'll make a superman leap to knock it down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2010, 01:44 PM   #22
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
Wow, if Jesus is having probs then you KNOW thing are bad...

In all seriousness though, I brought this up in a thread after that last patch dropped. It's like EA had solved the issue, then that last patch drops and it reappears. I just dont understand HOW this keeps happening. I had Nebraska lineman & LB's bat down around 10 of my passes one game.

What's worse is that it makes no sense and happens at random times. Sometimes a uy will let a ball go right over his head, and sometimes he'll make a superman leap to knock it down.
it never went away for me in any patch/update. playing as Texas Tech and passing a lot, I see this often.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 09-28-2010, 02:01 PM   #23
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
it never went away for me in any patch/update. playing as Texas Tech and passing a lot, I see this often.
It went away for me, to a realistic level after they said it would in the update. Everything was fine. The game was much more realistic after that 2nd patch(or whichever one brought in the dirty unis)

Then the 3rd one dropped, and like I said, immediately it started happening again. I figured it was just a fluke game, or maybe Nebraska just had a great defense, but now it's happening too often.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:04 PM   #24
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

I roll out of the pocket a lot to combat this. Has affected my accuracy and I get sacked a little more, but it has helped.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »