Home

NCAA's exclusivity ends in a year or two according to wiki

This is a discussion on NCAA's exclusivity ends in a year or two according to wiki within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2011, 01:40 PM   #49
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NCAA's exclusivity ends in a year or two according to wiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxdude2004
But you never know. Maybe 2k has something hidden up their sleeve, something that other gaming companies don't know about.... I mean, you can't say that they're college football games suck by basing said sentence off of a game made 2003-04. I mean, technology has changed A LOT since then, and who knows, they may make one of the best games ever.
2k has nothing hidden up their sleeve - maybe they start working on it soon in anticipation that the financially struggling EA doesn't renew this license. But they're still starting from scratch. Technology has changed, and they haven't made a college football game in 8 years, a licensed football game in 6, or a football game at all in 3. It's going to take some catching up.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:00 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 0

The college exclusive license is up...dont know if EA will try and renew
Old 01-13-2011, 08:49 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

If it is over, They will renew it if NCAA 12 has good sales. NCAA 10+11 has both increases and improvements.
NCAA Football has a good market compared to NCAA Basketball.
The developers made a huge leap from 10 to 11. I believe that NCAA 12 will be a great game. The game is only a few features away from a elite game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2011, 06:04 AM   #52
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Take Two is loaded, and since 2k sports has the base for the football game completed already, they wouldn't need to spend that much money really outside the license.
you're delusional, i know you love 2k's games but take two is not loaded, in fact they have been struggling financially for sometime now other than owning rockstar, take two has a hard time putting out big time games and is why EA has been trying to buy them, but their board of trustees dont want to sell to EA.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:09 AM   #53
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Take Two is loaded, and since 2k sports has the base for the football game completed already, they wouldn't need to spend that much money really outside the license.
Quote:
MLB 2k10 was a good game to me. The best baseball game I have ever played, but I have only played one Show. MLB 2k10 was definitely better than any baseball game EA released in my opinion. I bring that up because you could say the last EA baseball game was 5 years ago, but thats almost the same for 2k football and I still find 3k football better than any EA football game released.

As for the passing game being a weakness. Thats not true at all. The passing game in EA's game has been a weakness. 2k nailed pass trajectories. 2k also got it right with bullet, lobs, and even touch passes. EA just has unrealistic bullets and punt-like lobs. The way the ball bounces from a tip, deflection, etc. in 2k is 10 times better than anything EA has ever done.

I know I probably sound like a huge 2k fanboy, but I'm a realistic gameplay fanboy and when it comes down to it, 2k had and still has more realistic gameplay in their football games.

As for uniform quality, I thought the baseball games were pretty good. They looked nice and realistic. As much focus as 2k has always had in the small details like uniforms quality and variety, I think they would do a good job with them. I also think they could get at least 15 stadiums in year one if not twice that. It depends how many people they have in that department. If they spend most their focus in getting the stadiums in, they could get a lot more than we think in just one year.
no you are to say mlb 2k10 is best baseball game is laughable. It wasnt even the best baseball game last year, let alone nearly half as good as MVP 2005 the greatest baseball and possibly sports game ever.

And 2k's football engine is for pro football, guess what, college football is not close to the pro's. its more wide open and the spread is a completely different best in terms of game play. thats one thing that 2k has never had to do.

Could they? probably, but it would take a minimum of 2 years to get it on par with NCAA 11. As long as they pushed an amazing dynasty mode on us like in CH2k8 i would give it a try. but that would be the driving force behind it
Old 01-14-2011, 03:05 PM   #54
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
If it is over, They will renew it if NCAA 12 has good sales. NCAA 10+11 has both increases and improvements.
NCAA Football has a good market compared to NCAA Basketball.
The developers made a huge leap from 10 to 11. I believe that NCAA 12 will be a great game. The game is only a few features away from a elite game.
'll be shocked if EA renews the exclusivity. EA is not doing well financially. So unless 2k steps in and tries to get the exclusive license (at which point EA will be forced to lock it up), they'll be content to be non-exclusive, because they can't really afford to do this right now if they don't have to.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:28 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
'll be shocked if EA renews the exclusivity. EA is not doing well financially. So unless 2k steps in and tries to get the exclusive license (at which point EA will be forced to lock it up), they'll be content to be non-exclusive, because they can't really afford to do this right now if they don't have to.
Like I said it will take really good sales to get the license renewed. I cant really see them renewing it. I am not sure 2k will try to quickly jump and make a college game. NCAA games in whole are not very marketable because NCAA rules(penalties, no names, likeness).
But if you look at the last two NCAA games. They made huge leaps. NCAA 12 will be a great game. Unlike Madden, who has a exclusive contract for a next couple years, NCAA cant wait and slowly add features or slack off. They have to do good. NCAA Basketball, CHoops, and NCAA Baseball did not sell well.
If it is the last year, they will go out with a bang. There is good chance that there will not be any college games 2012, not very marketable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2011, 05:25 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
no you are to say mlb 2k10 is best baseball game is laughable. It wasnt even the best baseball game last year, let alone nearly half as good as MVP 2005 the greatest baseball and possibly sports game ever.

And 2k's football engine is for pro football, guess what, college football is not close to the pro's. its more wide open and the spread is a completely different best in terms of game play. thats one thing that 2k has never had to do.

Could they? probably, but it would take a minimum of 2 years to get it on par with NCAA 11. As long as they pushed an amazing dynasty mode on us like in CH2k8 i would give it a try. but that would be the driving force behind it
I find 2k10 one of the best baseball games because it delivered some pretty good gameplay along with a good franchise. I didn't get past one season, so all the problems down the road did not affect me and I overlooked the errors and injuries issues.

Now, I know because I can get past the issues does not mean everyone else can. I can hardly look past all the issues in EA's football games, but a lot of others can easily.

I just like the way 2k presents their sports games better. I have always preferred their style of sports games better. I like 2k football better than Madden or NCAA, 2k baseball over MVP, 2k basketball over Live and NCAA, and 2k hockey over EA's NHL.

Now, that doesn't mean they are better games. They just are the better games for my style of play and fit what I want from a sports game. I'm sure there are many out there just like me, but with EA's games.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »